M5 Registered User

lol

4 people have thanked this post
allen175 Registered User

haha thats good.

thehomeofDob Registered User

HA HA except the signal on the galaxy s is crap... my housew has always had bad signal with nokia's and sony ericssons, but the galaxy s takes the cake. I'm always having to resend texts and it's s impossible to make a call in the house.

*disclaimer* I have never owned and iPhone.

M5 Registered User

thehomeofDob said:
HA HA except the signal on the galaxy s is crap... my housew has always had bad signal with nokia's and sony ericssons, but the galaxy s takes the cake. I'm always having to resend texts and it's s impossible to make a call in the house.

*disclaimer* I have never owned and iPhone.

So Nokia, Sony and Samsung phones all giving hassle, do you live in a bomb shelter per chance?

BenEadir Registered User

Hi,

I have to agree with thehomeofDob, the signal on the SGS is really crap. Where I was getting 4 and 5 bars for wi-fi and GSM/3G on other phones I only get 1 or 2 bars (and sometimes no signal at all) with the SGS. That and a terrible battery life which sees me having to fully charge twice a day is reslly spoiling my enjoyment of what is otherwise a great device.

Ben

I'm posting this on the galaxy, love it, only problem is the gps

BenEadir Registered User

Omahaid, what's the issue you're having with the GPS? I used Google Maps Navagation earlier today and it was OK, not great but OK.

Its a bit flakey, not too much though, probably down to being inside, so I'm not really complaining :-)

thehomeofDob Registered User

M5 said:
So Nokia, Sony and Samsung phones all giving hassle, do you live in a bomb shelter per chance?

I wish, at least then I'd have a decent excuse. Nope, just a regular house in Dublin 15. Vodafone, o2, and 3 all have perfect signal. Meteor on the other hand is terrible, of course because it's in doors they won't do anything.

Anyway, on topic, although I love my new Galaxy S, the signal quality is awful, taking much of the humour away from the advertisement.

That's actually one complaint I don't have, wifi on phone is as good as laptop and 3G is excellent too! :-)

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!