hello932 Registered User

Basically some asshole keeps ringing my house number and he/she never talks..i have caller id so i know its the same person's mobile number...has woken me up in the middle of the night a few times...ive told them to fukk off etx but they never say anything back so i always end up hanging up...how do i go about getting their name/can i report them to the gaurds?

Report them to the Gardai, they'll be able to do a trace on the number regardless of whether the ID is witheld or not.

I_AmThe_Walrus Registered User

It's simple.

Call The Batman.

7 people have thanked this post
beetlefan Registered User

text that number back and tell it that you have reported the matter to the cops and see if that works. If not keep a detailed record of the calls and then really report it, the number can be traced if it is serious enough

1 person has thanked this post
fonecrusher1 Registered User

hello932 said:
Basically some asshole keeps ringing my house number and he/she never talks..i have caller id so i know its the same person's mobile number...has woken me up in the middle of the night a few times...ive told them to fukk off etx but they never say anything back so i always end up hanging up...how do i go about getting their name/can i report them to the gaurds?

Phone them at random times of the day at your convenience & just hang up. Taste of their own medicine.

3 people have thanked this post

Stop picking up and giving out to them. That'll only encourage them. Turn the phone off at night and when you see it's them calling just ignore it. They'll eventually get bored once you stop reacting.

Trekker09 Registered User

I think Eircom can help with this as well.

Terry Registered User

Key in *#1545#(insert the mobile number here without a space)*1545#pw
This reports the phone to the relevant network. It will alert the network to the fact that the T&C's are being breached. The network will then inform the Gardaí.

11 people have thanked this post
Conor108 Registered User

Cyberpolice tbh

Brendog Registered User

I_AmThe_Walrus said:
It's simple.

Call The Batman.

according to another thread...thats now considered playing with god!

artanevilla Moderator

Print it out on normal paper, than put a ligher sheet over where you can see the number through, a just use a pencil to go over it.

73 people have thanked this post
Zillah Registered User

Tell the guards. Also, answer every call and immediately put the phone down somewhere and let them wrack up a bill.

hello932 Registered User

Im really sure what to do to be honest...seeing as they know my home phone number they probably know where i live...great.

In my head id like to think its just some ****ty loser with no life. But it might be someone checking to see if anyone is home at that time to burglar the house or it might be some psychopath watching me from outside (like in horror movies)...i wish we had legal guns here like in the usa...

If the caller is calling from a private number you can report it to Gardai, with your permission they can track the number through the culprits service provider and also trace the GSM cordinates if the case is serious. They must have access to your calls to do this..

questionmark? Registered User

DaPoolRulz said:
Stop picking up and giving out to them. That'll only encourage them. Turn the phone off at night and when you see it's them calling just ignore it. They'll eventually get bored once you stop reacting.

Nope keep answering the phone but dont talk just waste their credit. If you get bored of this start singing a jedward song that'll scare the bastards right off!

1 person has thanked this post

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!