humanji Registered User

I just saw that this has been announced by Activision.

I'm a huge James Bond fan, so I'll be getting this no matter what, but part of me still wonders if it'll be any good.

They're making a fairly good stab at it anyway. Daniel Craig and Judi Dench will voice their characters. Joss Stone will presumably be the love interest and is performing the title song that she and Dave Stewart (from the Eurythmics) wrote. And it's been written by Bruce Feirstein who, although is responsible for Tomorrow Never Dies and The World Is Not Enough, also wrote the game story for Everything or Nothing and From Russia With Love.

It's being developed by Bizarre Creations who developed Blur, Project Gotham Racing, and The Club, and apparently the game will be using a modified version of The Club's engine.

I'm sure it'll be a huge let down, but part of me really hopes it turns out like Everything or Nothing.

cherryghost Frequent Support Feeder

Thought the graphics on The Club was poor tbh. The gameplay on it could have been A LOT better too, so I already have serious doubts on this being a good James Bond game already.

The Freeman Registered User

well atleast they are not tied to a film release/tie-in date and actually finish the game and it isin't rushed.

the combat looks like its done in a similar fashion to the jason bourne game, that would be a good thing. very much enjoyed that game even if it did get slaughtered in the reviews.

super_furry Registered User

I actually really loved The Club. Thought that it was misunderstood and people ignored the fact that it was a brilliant highscore chaser, so this has my immediate interest.

The Freeman said:

the combat looks like its done in a similar fashion to the jason bourne game, that would be a good thing. very much enjoyed that game even if it did get slaughtered in the reviews.

that was a fantastic game

couldnt understand some of the poor reviews it got - it was a belter... proper fun!

boneyarsebogman Registered User

Daniel Craig just doesn't look right as a computer game character.

1 person has thanked this post
humanji Registered User

boneyarsebogman said:
Daniel Craig just doesn't look right as a computer game character.

He doesn't look much better as a human, to be honest. He's an odd looking fellow.

2 people have thanked this post
boneyarsebogman Registered User

humanji said:
He doesn't look much better as a human, to be honest. He's an odd looking fellow.

Haha. Very true! But especially so as a computer game character; you don't usually expect them to have jug ears.

Exclamation Marc Not Quite My Tempo

Due out tomorrow in North America and Friday in Europe. Really interested in the game but with it out tomorrow, its never a good sign when no reviews exist.

Edge gave it a good preview write up, might shell out on Friday if I can source a couple of reviews.

Zillah Registered User

Ok, I haven't been much of a gamer in the last few years...but isn't this pretty damn ugly for a modern game?

Looks a little prettier since that first video;

Zillah Registered User

It does look better...but the worst part was the particle effects (the explosions, smoke, dust, water spray etc) and we didn't really see any of that in the new one.

Was there an autoaim segment there?

I've no idea to be honest. The explosion at the end of the video was nice, but as you implied, the video is a little scarce on variety.

Details are quite slim on the game which is quite strange given that its out tomorrow in the US. Not sure if its an embargo or the developers are hiding a naff game.

Josey Wales Registered User

That second trailer does look better but I'm certainly holding off till I see what type of reviews it will get.

I would at least expect that the car levels will be great. I loved Blur earlier this year from Bizarre Creations.

First review in from IGN gives it a 5 out of 10.

Disappointing, it had a lot of promise.

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!