PaulieBoy Registered User

Bluetonic said:
It wasn't a personal insult I was merely point out that your reasons for not wanting to move are unfounded and the way you are portraying them aren't doing yourself or your points any justice. Why the needed to curse? No need in my opinion.

If you have strong points to make on the matter then make them, but merely saying they shouldn't move due to the two reasons you've outlined already is pathetic.

Dude, why the personal attacks and all the aggression ????

As to the other posts , I concede some very valid points made.
I'm still of the opinion that the present structure is one that should be maintained, but I do see how the financial one to move makes sense.
Didn't think I would get attacked for such an opinion but there ya go!
Well done to the other posters with some very good posts.

Bluetonic Registered User

PaulieBoy said:
Dude, why the personal attacks and all the aggression ????

There were no insults or attacks, no aggression, just observations.

The majority of posters feel your location issues are nothing short of ridiculous and perhaps if you articulated your concerns a little better rather than f'ing and blinding then your points may have been debated a little and who knows where the thread may have gone.

How and ever whats done is done, I don't want to drag this thread further off topic.

nijel Registered User

I have read most of these comments here and am still unsure... is this development going ahead??? i know it my not be finished in 5 years(the time it will take me to finish architecture there) but i still think it would be great to be part of it and would really be a big plus for me to go trheir in september,.,. any one know ?

PaulieBoy said:
Grangegorman is a kip in a ****ty part of the city, close to Smithfield another kip in a ****ty part of the city. But hey, that's just an opinion :-)

It's never gonna happen so don't get too excited!

Haha!

Pete_Cavan Registered User

PaulieBoy said:

It's never gonna happen so don't get too excited!

irishtimes.com - Last Updated: Monday, July 26, 2010, 08:45
Metro, Dart link included in €39bn revised capital plan

HARRY MCGEE Political Correspondent

The Government has announced a new €39 billion capital investment plan until 2016 that prioritises major projects such as Metro North, the Dart interconnector and the new DIT campus in Grangegorman but will result in delays for other promised infrastructure projects.

The major plan to bring all the colleges of the Dublin Institute of Technology together in once campus at Grangegorman will still go ahead.

Time to start getting excited?

1 person has thanked this post
nijel Registered User

excited yes ... but any word on completion date?

markpb Registered User

nijel said:
excited yes ... but any word on completion date?

Hold your horses there. First, we have to get word on a start date

The original plan for Grangegorman expected expenditure of 1.4 bn.

The "new" NDP proposes expenditure of 650m over five years for all third level capital expenditure. This would include all work at universities and other institutes of technology e.g. a project of 30m was recently announced for St. Pat's Drumcondra.

So how much money is available for Grangegorman? Is it a PPP? Is it based on the sale of DIT's other buildings? How much will they get for them in the current market??????

nijel Registered User

@ nowecant ... 2010 = 395!

spacetweek Moderator

nijel said:
@ nowecant ... 2010 = 395!

What?

Son of Stupido Registered User

Original costings were in boom time currency.

Construction costs down 40-50% now, as are consultancy costs.

You get much more for your buck these days.

Grangegorman is a great idea, and will kickstart investment in that part of the city.

FreudianSlippers Registered User

Son of Stupido said:
Original costings were in boom time currency.

Construction costs down 40-50% now, as are consultancy costs.

You get much more for your buck these days.

Grangegorman is a great idea, and will kickstart investment in that part of the city.

I totally agree and I also think it could have a positive effect on Smithfield as well.

Dick Turnip Registered User

On RTE this morning - http://www.rte.ie/news/2010/0921/dit.html

450 new construction jobs at Grangegorman site
Tuesday, 21 September 2010 11:48
450 construction jobs are to be created in a development project on the Grangegorman site in Dublin's north inner city.

The €486m project is expected to be given the final go-ahead at this morning's meeting of the Cabinet - it will be formally announced by the Taoiseach and the Tánaiste this afternoon.

The former psychiatric hospital is to be replaced by a new facility for Dublin Institute of Technology, which will bring 22 of its 27 schools together on a single site.

A new primary school will also be built along with modern facilities for mental health patients.

The first stage of the project will take ten years, with potential for further development at a later stage.

Carawaystick Registered User

Godge said:

The "new" NDP proposes expenditure of 650m over five years for all third level capital expenditure. This would include all work at universities and other institutes of technology e.g. a project of 30m was recently announced for St. Pat's Drumcondra.

Tell me this is to knock the wall and move the prefabs so a bus lane can go in across from the Cat and Cage....

Carawaystick said:
Tell me this is to knock the wall and move the prefabs so a bus lane can go in across from the Cat and Cage....

http://www.spd.dcu.ie/main/news/PressRelease.shtml

doesn't say anything about that but it might get rid of the prefabs

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!