phog Registered User

My wife and he sisters have used this company to book a hotel in Venice, they arrived at their destination today, no booking for them.

Tried ringing the direct line, goes the voicemail. Direct line is electonically answered, selcted my preferred option and eventually I'm told to leave a message but the message box is full.

Anyone else having bother there today?

dumplander Registered User

Just found out on arrival at my hotel, booked through 1800hotels, that my booking was cancelled, unknown to me, on Saturday. The hotel contacted GTA, who handle the bookings for 1800, and it turns out 1800hotels.ie have gone bust. Of course money is gone off my credit card already...

phill106 Registered User

dumplander said:
Just found out on arrival at my hotel, booked through 1800hotels, that my booking was cancelled, unknown to me, on Saturday. The hotel contacted GTA, who handle the bookings for 1800, and it turns out 1800hotels.ie have gone bust. Of course money is gone off my credit card already...

Just as well you paid by credit card, I believe if you contact card company they will refund you, then chase them up.

1 person has thanked this post
Roar Registered User

ha, their website says "Our apologies, we are currently performing system maintenance that will affect hotel availability."

dumplander Registered User

phill106 said:
Just as well you paid by credit card, I believe if you contact card company they will refund you, then chase them up.

Thanks for that, at least should get the money back at some stage. We were lucky cos the hotel staff were lovely, feel sorry for people who might not be so lucky and find themselves stranded without accommodation.

1 person has thanked this post
phog Registered User

Roar said:
ha, their website says "Our apologies, we are currently performing system maintenance that will affect hotel availability."

I saw that too and hoped it might be genuine, looks like it back the the CC company and check out what they can do for us.

At least the hotel was very helpful, though they have to transfer to their sister hotel from tomorrow.

gandalf Registered User

If they have gone tits up thats a shame. Used them on numerous occasions over the years for hotels all over the world.

xraylady Registered User

Is it definite that they've gone bust? I made booking on 6th July using Mastercard. Bummer... Does anyone know process of trying to recover funds? Looking at accom voucher I received, they use a company called "youtravel" to purchase hotel room. I suppose no point in contacting them.. I can't afford to lose this money! -- As an addendum, actually, I've just contacted youtravel and they've mailed back to say that they will make enquiries first thing in am and let me know..

another native Registered User

Well, the site is up and running as normal - so maybe, it was just a temporary glitch.

xraylady Registered User

Not exactly 'up and running' I'm afraid. No availability showing for any dates or any hotels.. Ominous!

another native Registered User

Tried it again a few moments ago and had no luck this time round. A curious situation, to say the least!

Tradin Registered User

I booked a hotel in london for a friend and when he got there this morning the hotel said that they got no payment, but the money went off my credit card, I am raging! I have Amsterdam and Florida booked with them so I really hope that there is a way of getting back money!!!

phog Registered User

xraylady said:
Is it definite that they've gone bust? I made booking on 6th July using Mastercard. Bummer... Does anyone know process of trying to recover funds? Looking at accom voucher I received, they use a company called "youtravel" to purchase hotel room. I suppose no point in contacting them.. I can't afford to lose this money! -- As an addendum, actually, I've just contacted youtravel and they've mailed back to say that they will make enquiries first thing in am and let me know..

I think this is what my wife said to me today from the hotel reception, when she arrived at the hotel today she was told the company they (1800hotels) had used to book the rooms hadn't received any payment so they cancelled the rooms on Saturady last.

Masher1 Registered User

I have a reservation (through 1800hotels) for end July - just contacted hotel and they have advised that they received payment so hopefully all will be ok. Contacted 1800hotels but got voicemail.

Unshelved Registered User

The website is down - it's not looking good.

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!