case_sensitive Registered User

Put an ad up on Shiply.com; I moved a kit car from Nottingham to Dublin there a few years back. I used NVD.ie to move a Focus from Liverpool to my mechanic's, 3 years ago, but they aren't doing that anymore apparently.
edit: Maybe they do, but not cheaper http://www.nvd.ie/services-2/transport-uk-to-ireland/

mattroche Registered User

I have used N.V.D. many times, and they are very good. They did stop the U.K.- Ireland route some time ago, BUT they may be doing it again. I would consider E300 + VAT a fairly good price for now, bearing in mind the weather, & time of year. You save yourself a lot of hassle just having it delivered to your door. If it summertime, then it is a nice trip, but not now.

i

Henry Ford III Registered User

€300 plus VAT sounds very reasonable.

1 person has thanked this post
liam7831 Registered User

Hi

I know its an old thread but as its still open I thought id try my luck

Anybody any info on getting a car collected M25 area South Mims, to anywhere in Dublin.

I have a quote of €300 + Vat.

I also checked flight to London €9.99 Train to Dealer £14.50 & Ferry back to Ireland €90 (aprox) via Liverpool plus a tank of fuel €65
Total = €170

I'm looking for something in between as I don't fancy the trek !!!

Thanks in advance[/quote

Your car must not be worth much

lifer_sean Registered User

Can anyone comment on going rate for delivery to west of Ireland please ? I'm paying 450 + VAT typically. I expect Dublin would be cheaper - one less truck journey.

Feel free to respond by PM if you don't want to reply on thread.

Thanks for all info !

mgn Registered User

lifer_sean said:
Can anyone comment on going rate for delivery to west of Ireland please ? I'm paying 450 + VAT typically. I expect Dublin would be cheaper - one less truck journey.

Feel free to respond by PM if you don't want to reply on thread.

Thanks for all info !

PM sent.

BColly Registered User

mgn said:
PM sent.

Hi,

Can you pm contact details for transport U.K. to Ireland

Marrras Registered User

mgn said:
PM sent.

Hi there,

Can you please PM me the contact for transport to west of Ireland please?

MarkyBoi30 Registered User

I am struggling to get a decent quote on having a car brought over from Hemel Hempstead (North of London) to Dublin. Highest quote so far was £680 + VAT! Cheapest is €400 + VAT from NVD. Can anyone suggest anywhere else I can try?

liam7831 Registered User

MarkyBoi30 said:
I am struggling to get a decent quote on having a car brought over from Hemel Hempstead (North of London) to Dublin. Highest quote so far was £680 + VAT! Cheapest is €400 + VAT from NVD. Can anyone suggest anywhere else I can try?

Around €500 to.€600 would be about right

supervento Registered User

MarkyBoi30 said:

is the car driving & mot'd? you could try a trade plate driver and use the port services to load it on for you...

1 person has thanked this post
mgn Registered User

You wont get any cheaper than €400+vat from London.A lot of transport company's don't want the hassle of going to London with traffic and distance to ferry.

supervento Registered User

mgn said:
You wont get any cheaper than €400+vat from London.A lot of transport company's don't want the hassle of going to London with traffic and distance to ferry.

true when you consider the ferry cost

dar_cool Registered User

Should be 350. Ring/ text Val Mckenna 087 2996127

Cremcad Registered User

Hi Am brand new to boards.ie and am looking to get a car transported from Exeter in UK to Cork. Am seeing some very useful contacts but contact numbers are blanked out (probably coz im a new member).

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!