TestTransmission Registered User

xsiborg said:
i just thought i'd throw this in while this thread is back up-

belissimo are lookin for guys to get their hair cut, they're training the girls to cut guys hair, and best of all- its FREE!!

the girl i go to in there does a great job and gives me exactly what i want, and i'd be a picky f*cker!

really?was gonna go get my haircut tomorrow.

What days?After closing time I'm guessing?

tuesdays, (that'd be today then says you!), but yeah, if you call belissimo and ask for Lisa, she'll probably squeeze you in after six o clock this evening!

TestTransmission Registered User

xsiborg said:
tuesdays, (that'd be today then says you!), but yeah, if you call belissimo and ask for Lisa, she'll probably squeeze you in after six o clock this evening!

Lousy,working til 8 tonite!

oh well,guess I'll have to pay for my hair cut tomorrow!

Kess73 Registered User

Raiser, over a month has gone by. Did you ever get that haircut?

Melion Banned

I cant understand how people spend that kind of money on a haircut. I havent been into a barbers in over 5 years now, i bought a head razor back then and have saved myself 100's if not 1000's of euros. I dont even use that anymore, i just shave my head as im shaving my neck and trimming my beard now.

Mc Love Registered User

I dont understand people that would let someone to cut their hair for free or for training purposes

1 person has thanked this post
Insect Overlord Moderator

Mc Love said:
I dont understand people that would let someone to cut their hair for free or for training purposes

What's there to understand? You get a free hair-cut, some young person gets to learn their trade, everybody wins!

Mc Love Registered User

Yeah but more likely you will end up with a ****e haircut

Mc Love said:
Yeah but more likely you will end up with a ****e haircut

i'd tend to disagree with you here, unless you think your locks should only grace the covers of "attitude" magazine!

as i said, i'd be very picky about the way i like my hair cut, which is why if you look in the other "barbers" thread, i had no problem going to Figaros and paying €21 for a haircut, because i got exactly what I wanted, as opposed to a short, back n sides, for €13.50.

i only went to belisimo once, and the girl was extremely professional and guided and overseen by her manager at every stage.

was it a risk? absolutely! i could have ended up with a ****e haircut, but i didnt, which is why i made the recommendation. i've often paid a lot more for a lot worse!

however, i digress, you are entitled to your opinion...

Mc Love Registered User

xsiborg said:
i'd tend to disagree with you here, unless you think your locks should only grace the covers of "attitude" magazine!

as i said, i'd be very picky about the way i like my hair cut, which is why if you look in the other "barbers" thread, i had no problem going to Figaros and paying €21 for a haircut, because i got exactly what I wanted, as opposed to a short, back n sides, for €13.50.

i only went to belisimo once, and the girl was extremely professional and guided and overseen by her manager at every stage.

was it a risk? absolutely! i could have ended up with a ****e haircut, but i didnt, which is why i made the recommendation. i've often paid a lot more for a lot worse!

however, i digress, you are entitled to your opinion...

Fair enough, I would also pay the 21 euro and go to figaros

Kess73 Registered User

Went to try out Carols today and last Saturday and it was closed up on both days.

With luck it is because she is on holiday or something as I generally hate seeing places close down.

kilburn Registered User

Hope she isnt closed down. Shes a lovely woman, could be on holidays

The prices in Ali's Barbers has risen to €10 Mon-Thurs and €13 on the weekends. Anyone know of any other cheap barbers around town?

Berty Registered User

Jigga said:
The prices in Ali's Barbers has risen to €10 Mon-Thurs and €13 on the weekends. Anyone know of any other cheap barbers around town?

I was informed this morning with the gown thing around me that the price was €13 and would I still like a cut?

He then said "do you think you will come back now that the prices are back up"

So in good recessionary times I said "NO!"

whodyamacallit Registered User

Ali's puttin their prices up, that's a pain, main reason i was going was coz of the price... was only going for a haircut today as well, sickened... i feel wronged... in saying that though, i've always come away with a decent haircut when i've gotten everyone except the me one in the corner on the right...... she's a bit reckless when she's trying to make it seem like she's good...

I think paying 10 quid for a haircut anywhere is enough anyway, unless you're gettin dyes or shapes/designs shaved into your hair...

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!