W.B. Yeats Registered User

Pherekydes said:
Is it? Have you a link? Best to tell WADA. They haven't got it down as a masking agent.

You want to be suspicious of athletes simply on the basis of their nationality? And this is reasonable to you?

No I want to be suspicious of female middle distance athletes from a country with a very recent history of doping, entirely reasonable to me. This is entirely different from being suspicious of athletes merely because of their nationality.

W.B. Yeats said:
No I want to be suspicious of female middle distance athletes from a country with a very recent history of doping, entirely reasonable to me. This is entirely different from being suspicious of athletes merely because of their nationality.

I agree with this point completely. Federations need to be held more accountable.

My views on Russian Athletics would probably get me banned permanently from the board to I'll keep quiet.

velo.2010 Registered User

Hi Folks,

Regarding broadcasting of the Diamond League. I assume BBC have the full UK rights which means Eurosport(British, International) lost out? I've been without Eurosport coverage since 2007 thanks to what was Chorus. I can view the 100m etc. on Youtube. Not the same though.

Am I missing out badly in terms of coverage? Do BBC do it justice and is that Tim Hutchins of Eurosport I heard on one commentary last week? I know he was doing the worldwide output with Stuart Storey the last few years.

Pherekydes Registered User

BBC are covering the entire DL series on BBC3 or on the red button, if you have access.

Hutchings was commentating the other night with Steve Cram. Sometimes it's good, sometimes it's bad.

Brianderunner Registered User

It's tough to beat tim and martin on eurosport, it's a pity they don't have much athletics this season.

smcclaw Registered User

Anyone know any streams or the like that will be showing the world juniors?

longjump67 Registered User

Not sure if this stream works but try it later

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/amateur/moncton2010/live-stream.html

longjump67 said:
Not sure if this stream works but try it later

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/amateur/moncton2010/live-stream.html

Think this has been restricted to Canada only have seen that link going around and alot of the lads are complaining about this.
Seems to be no coverage outside Canada. Also whats the story with the IAAF site being so slow nearly three hours after the Irish lads were running and still no results from today at all

longjump67 Registered User

ecoli said:
Think this has been restricted to Canada only have seen that link going around and alot of the lads are complaining about this.
Seems to be no coverage outside Canada. Also whats the story with the IAAF site being so slow nearly three hours after the Irish lads were running and still no results from today at all

Yes looks like it is restricted to Canada sorry
For shame no results in yet of the 1,500m, Mc Bearty looks to be in a though heat he is the lowest on time but the other irish lad has an outside chance might need to do pb

TURFMAN Registered User

Anyone know if the Monaco Diamond League meet is being shown on TV tonight ?

maryishairy Registered User

TURFMAN said:
Anyone know if the Monaco Diamond League meet is being shown on TV tonight ?

It's available on the BBC red button from 7-9pm.

1 person has thanked this post

Andrew Wheating 3.30.9 in the 1500

Ryan Gregson (only 20) runs 3.31.06!!!!!!

Unbelievable stuff.

Any Irish in action in Monaco tonight?

04072511 said:
Any Irish in action in Monaco tonight?

Unfortunately not.

Pherekydes Registered User

myflipflops said:
Andrew Wheating 3.30.9 in the 1500

Ryan Gregson (only 20) runs 3.31.06!!!!!!

Unbelievable stuff.

That's one way of putting it!

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!