garv123 Registered User
#1

Is the sky player on the xbox free?
Theres a sky box in the house already but i want to be able to watch telly in my room.
can you just download it and use it or what must you do?

TheMooseInNam Registered User
#2

Yeah, just download it and link that sky membership number to your xbox account and you're set to go.

If you have Sky Movies on the card, you'll have access to a huge backlog of movies through the sky player. Enjoy

1 person has thanked this post
garv123 Registered User
#3

TheMooseInNam said:
Yeah, just download it and link that sky membership number to your xbox account and you're set to go.

If you have Sky Movies on the card, you'll have access to a huge backlog of movies through the sky player. Enjoy

cheers.
ive only basic sky package. does that mean il have the same on the player?

TheMooseInNam Registered User
#4

garv123 said:
cheers.
ive only basic sky package. does that mean il have the same on the player?


Yeah, you'll be limited to only a few channels then. Sky Player doesn't offer everything a Sky Box does, which is a shame because I'm sure it could offer every channel.

garv123 Registered User
#5

Just been on youtube looking it up there and it said if you didnt download it before you cant use it now they stopped it over too many problems or something

antomorro-sei Registered User
#6

I thought one had to have Multiroom to use the Sky Player on the Xbox?

jordananderson Registered User
#7

multi room not needed. all you need is a gold account and your sky account details to migrate the info to the xbox. if you don't have a sky account you can get it through the xbox (without sky box or account) by paying by CC just follow the info on the blades.

antomorro-sei Registered User
#8

jordananderson said:
multi room not needed. all you need is a gold account and your sky account details to migrate the info to the xbox. if you don't have a sky account you can get it through the xbox (without sky box or account) by paying by CC just follow the info on the blades.


Sound. I've Sky+ downstairs and an Xbox with Gold upstairs. I should be able to use the Sky player then yeah?

coadyd Registered User
#9

I have xbox GOLD account . But do ot have sky . But my Dad has sky full package could i use his account details to set it up on my xbox . Also he lives in a different county would this be an issue?

TheMooseInNam Registered User
#10

coadyd said:
I have xbox GOLD account . But do ot have sky . But my Dad has sky full package could i use his account details to set it up on my xbox . Also he lives in a different county would this be an issue?


Shouldn't be an issue, should work just fine for you.

garv123 Registered User
#11

you must have the sky player already downloaded
they removerd it so you cant download it anymore

That_Guy Registered User
#12

Try here OP http://skyplayer.sky.com/watch/xbox360/

In order to view Sky on your Xbox you need a gold membership and have Sky multiroom or you can buy a Sky sub for 3 months.

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/9240201/c_1/1|category_root|Video+games|14419738/c_2/2|cat_14419738|Xbox+360|14419847/c_3/3|cat_14419847|Xbox+360+accessories|14419856.htm

Really good deal in Argos at the moment. €14.99 for 3 months of Sports and Entertainment package with a universal remote.

If you don't have multiroom it may be worth stocking up on a few of these. I'm not sure if there's a movies sub pack though.

mgsrocks Registered User
#13

That_Guy said:
Try here OP http://skyplayer.sky.com/watch/xbox360/

In order to view Sky on your Xbox you need a gold membership and have Sky multiroom or you can buy a Sky sub for 3 months.

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/9240201/c_1/1|category_root|Video+games|14419738/c_2/2|cat_14419738|Xbox+360|14419847/c_3/3|cat_14419847|Xbox+360+accessories|14419856.htm

Really good deal in Argos at the moment. €14.99 for 3 months of Sports and Entertainment package with a universal remote.


That package only includes a one month Sky Code and a 3 month xbox live code. I've been buying the codes on there own from here and havn't had any problems:
http://cheapxboxlivecodes.com/xbox-live-gold-subscription-codes/xbox-live-sky-card/

Work out at a little over 6 euro a month. For some reason it says you only get sports but I've been able to watch the movie channels too without paying extra.

robbeardsley Registered User
#14

Loving this during the WC, what with all the "Footballs Greatest" on backlog.

BlitzKrieg Registered User
#15

coadyd said:
I have xbox GOLD account . But do ot have sky . But my Dad has sky full package could i use his account details to set it up on my xbox . Also he lives in a different county would this be an issue?


no it isnt an issue

My family have the full sky package back in ireland but i am currently living in London and am using it, there's no issue as sky by default allows you to have sky player on 5 computers and 1 xbox, but only 1 computer and 1 xbox can be used at a time, regardless of where you are.

The movie package is seriously the best reason for it, I havnt touched much else on it.

On setting it up, I see nothing on it being not downloadable to new users and they still advertise it too (http://skyplayer.sky.com/watch/xbox360/)

I found it easier to set up sky player on a pc or mac first and then just fill in your log on details to the xbox version much quicker then trying to link it with the card etc on the xbox.

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!