Things with me and the beau are a bit tight these days money wise as they are with many people and were looking for suggestions for something, perferable free but cound do cheap also, to do on a Sunday.
Last sunday we went to the Street Performer thing in Merrion Square which was great...........
Interested in walks, exhibitions, and fun things!
Any suggestions would be great!
Get on your roller blades and go skating Imagine the things you would find while doing that.
Sign up to the email newsletter for free events in Dublin, just send an email to email@example.com to subscribe!!
Taken from Dublin Free Event Guide:
REGULAR SUNDAY EVENTS
* The Temple Bar Book Market is taking place every Sat+Sun on Temple Bar Square from 11:00-18:00.
* Blackhorse Flea Market + Car Boot Sale. Every Sunday from 10:00-18:00 the Blackhorse Market is taking place. You can reach it from Tyrconnell Road and from Kylemore Road and it is within 3 min from Black Horse stop on red Luas line. http://theblackhorsemarket.com
* Sunday Roast is a weekly event in the Globe in Sth George's Street from 20:00-01:00. Provided are free live music, games & roast potatoes. http://www.myspace.com/sundayroast1
* "Loose Change" play in Gibneys Pub, New St., Malahide every Sunday from 18:00-20:00.
* From 21:00 in The Bleeding Horse on Camden Street "The Apollo Sessions" is a free show featuring multiple styles of original music from local and international musicians and songwriters www.myspace.com/thebleedinghorsesessions
* Every Sunday "The Latin Beat" will take place in the Odeon in Harcourt Street from 20:00-02:00. A band will play from 21:00-22:30, a Latin Beat Club, Brazilian DJs and Salsa Classes will be additional features. Admission is free. http://www.odeon.ie/
* The Burning Effigies are playing afrobeat, jazz, funk and soul every Sunday from 23:00 in Turk's Head in Parliament Street. http://www.turkshead.ie
* Gardiner Street Gospel Mass in St. Francis Xavier Church at the top of Gardiner Street near the junction with Dorset Street every Sunday at 19:30. Everybody is welcome independent from your level of religiousness. www.gardinerstreetgospelchoir.com
* Ballymun Gospel Choir Mass at 19:00 in Holy Spirit Church, Silloge, Ballymun.
And here are events for this Sunday:
DUBLIN LGBTQ PRIDE FESTIVAL
(Check Friday for details.)
DUNDRUM ARTS AND CULTURAL FESTIVAL
(Check Saturday for details)
CHILDREN'S ART WORKSHOP - PHOENIX PARK
The weekly Children’s Art Cart Workshops at the Phoenix Park Visitor Centre is taking place every Sun from 10:30-12:30. Up to 15 children can participate but they must be supervised by an adult. Children 5 years & over. The next workshops are
27 Jun: Deer of the Park
04 Jul: Summer flowers of the Park
11 Jul: Badges to wear
DUBLIN FLEA MARKET
The next Dublin Flea Market is taking place in the Food Coop, 12 Newmarket, just off Cork Street, Dublin 8 on Sun 27 June from 11:00-17:00. The flea market takes place every last Sunday of the month. For more information or if you want to you’re your goods check out http://www.dublinflea.ie. The Coop Hall is wheelchair accessible and lots of free parking spaces are right outside the door. A few months ago the Flea Market extended to outdoors and features now 20 additional outdoor stands.
SUNDAY AT NOON CONCERT - HUGH LANE GALLERY
Nearly every Sunday a free "Sunday at Noon" concert is taking place in the Hugh Lane Gallery. From 12:00-13:00 classical music will be performed for free. No booking is required. This week (Sun 27 Jun) Fionnuala Moynihan (piano) will play "Mozart: The Complete Piano Sonatas V". The 5th in a five concert series featuring the complete Mozart Piano Sonatas performed in chronological order. http://www.hughlane.ie/whats_on_detail.php?id=516
FAMILY PROGRAMME - NATIONAL MUSEUM
# This week's "My Museum" Family event is entitled "Uncover Buried Stories with Storybear!" and will take place in Sun 27 June from 15:00-16:00 in the National Museum in Kildare Street. It is for families with children 7-10 years. "Join Storybear on his magic rug to explore and uncover the exciting delights that are to be found in the Museum and in your own imagination. No booking required. Places are limited to 25 and are allocated on a first come, first served basis." http://www.museum.ie/en/list/calendar-of-events.aspx?eventID=1386
NATIONAL GALLERY - SUNDAY LECTURE
The Sunday Lecture on 27 June at 15:00 in the National Gallery in Clare Street & Merrion Square is: "Exhibitions Promoting Local and International Artists" by Lecturer Carissa Farrell, Visual Centre for Contemporary Art, Carlow. http://www.nationalgallery.ie/html/programevents2.html
MATINEE BRUNCH CLUB - ODEON BAR & GRILL
The Odeon Bar & Grill (Old Harcourt Street Station, Dublin 2) are inviting all families on Sat+Sun from 12:00-18:00 to a "Matinee Brunch Club". Good Food, Kids movies (13:00+15:00), major international sporting events on the other big screen plus kids under 3 eat for free are the main attractions of this offer. Upcoming Movies are on 26+27 June: Monsters Inc. http://www.odeon.ie/
COMEDY CRUNCH - SHEBEEN CHIC
Free comedy + free ice-cream! The Comedy Crunch is a brilliant free Stand Up comedy which is downstairs in Shebeen Chic, Sth Great Georges Street every week. It starts at 21:00 and the line-up is changing but always impressive. The next Comedy Crunch is on Sun 13 June. http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Comedy-Crunch/83791357330
Can't remember the fellas name now. Some entertainer type of guy. I think he was from England. I think he was Mike something?
National Botanic Gardens in Glasnevin is worth multiple visits. Sundays can be crowded, so go early.
Take the DART to Howth, walk the pier, browse the market, have a drink.
Nice and relaxing in this sunny weather.