Wats_in_a_name Registered User
#1

I am looking at cars on donedeal and there are lot of adds down as Private but they have multiple cars for sale. (googled phone number)

Should I be worried or is it not a big deal at all?

Anan1 Registered User
#2

A lie in the ad is never a good start, is it?

Big Nasty Registered User
#3

Lots of dealers advertise on done deal but put the ads up individually as opposed to as a dealer. There's a fair few of them that are trying to blow out ****e stock without NCT or service history and poising as private sellers. then again I know a dealer in Wexford with 100+ cars in stock that advertises on done deal and nowhere else!

Motorcheck Registered User
#4

It's an offence for a dealer under the consumer protection act to misrepresent a vehicle in its advertising / presentation. A dealer selling a car online should declare their status from the start. Posing as a private seller is dishonest and unfortunately becoming quite commonplace.

Ironic really when the industry itself refers to 'Private and Rogue Sellers' as being untrustworthy http://www.motorcheck.ie/blog/simi-used-cars-beepbeep-ie/

Big Nasty Registered User
#5

Motorcheck said:
It's an offence for a dealer under the consumer protection act to misrepresent a vehicle in its advertising / presentation. A dealer selling a car online should declare their status from the start. Posing as a private seller is dishonest and unfortunately becoming quite commonplace.

Ironic really when the industry itself refers to 'Private and Rogue Sellers' as being untrustworthy http://www.motorcheck.ie/blog/simi-used-cars-beepbeep-ie/


Correct and right but I know some franchise dealers who are engaging in this practice. And they be SIMI dealers too!

Motorcheck Registered User
#6

MCMLXXV said:
Correct and right but I know some franchise dealers who are engaging in this practice. And they be SIMI dealers too!


Yeah. I'm sure if you dug around a bit you would find links to the same car advertised under a dealers name while simultaneously advertised as a 'private seller'.

Big Nasty Registered User
#7

Motorcheck said:
Yeah. I'm sure if you dug around a bit you would find links to the same car advertised under a dealers name while simultaneously advertised as a 'private seller'.


I could but I wont!

robtri Registered User
#8

MCMLXXV said:
And they be SIMI dealers too!


yes cause Simi are dealers you can trust....

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!