Shredneck Registered User
#1

O2 are changing call charges outside the bundle of minutes included in your iPhone Price Plans from 12th July 2010.
This change in call charges constitutes a change to the terms of the contract between O2 and you, the customer. Therefore you are free to be removed from contract without penalty.
The changes in rates are minimal but you might just want to get yourself out of contract.
Act fast though because if you do not contact O2 requesting to be removed from this contract in advance of 12th July you will be assumed to be accepting of the change in terms.

All info available on O2.ie under 'Terms and Conditions'

http://www.o2online.ie/wps/wcm/connect/O2/About%20O2/Terms+and+conditions/Customer+Notification

Your welcome

102 people have thanked this post
whiterebel Moderator
#2

Good spot. I didn't think they could change your contract without your consent, and silence doesn't signify acceptance, AFAIK. How stupid is that, changing terms before the iPhone is out, letting people out of contract and free to go to Three or VF......The mind boggles.

Dades Would you like to know more?
#3

Are you sure there's nothing in their T&Cs that allows them to change charges, as long as you are aware, and have the option to change tariff if you want?

Don't know if there is - just wouldn't surprise me.

#4

Section 4

-we may vary our Charges or the Deposit/PrePayment (if any) or the price plans on which they are based, or the terms thereof, at any time. We will give you such prior notice of changes as is practical.

We will notify you of changes in our price plans (including the price plan applicable to you) and of offers and terms introduced by us, by notice to you at either your billing address or email address or by advertisements in the national press. Every invoice and notice from us to you will be deemed served 48 hours after posting or on earlier proof of delivery; every change in price plans and every offer and term will be deemed notified to you at close of business on the first day on which it is advertised in the national press or made available on www.o2.ie.


Yet in section 10
You can terminate this Agreement without incurring termination fees if we exercise our right to change the terms of your Contract (including a change to your Price Plan). If you wish to terminate this Agreement in these circumstances you must notify us by calling 1909 or contacting us by some other reliable format within 30 days of the date we notify you or otherwise make the change publically known. Your continued use of the O2 Services as changed by us shall be deemed acceptance by you of the change.

1 person has thanked this post
cojomo2 Registered User
#5

I wouldn't say its that straight forward.

If I took out an iPhone contract 2-3 weeks ago, see this, and tell them I want out, they are hardly going to let me off, and keep a subsidised iPhone.

I would guess that they have the option of keeping you in contract if they want, by not applying theses new charges to your account .

Worth a try though!

Shredneck Registered User
#6

Dades said:
Are you sure there's nothing in their T&Cs that allows them to change charges, as long as you are aware, and have the option to change tariff if you want?

Don't know if there is - just wouldn't surprise me.


Follow the link I posted earlier it states on O2's webside that they have to let you out of contract as a result of these changes. But only if you request it.

Under Regulation 17 of the European Communities (electronic communications networks and services)(Universal Service and Users’ rights) regulations 2003 an operator shall not shall not less than one month prior to the date of implementation of any proposed modification, notify its subscribers to that service of the proposed modification in the conditions of the contract for that service, and their right to withdraw without penalty from such contract if they do not accept the modification. If you wish to exercise your right under Regulation 17 please contact O2. The continued use of O2 services after the effective date of the change is deemed acceptance of the change.

And it is true as I have already contacted O2 and they have taken me out of contract no hassle at all.

cojomo2 Registered User
#7

Shredneck said:
Follow the link I posted earlier it states on O2's webside that they have to let you out of contract as a result of these changes. But only if you request it.

Under Regulation 17 of the European Communities (electronic communications networks and services)(Universal Service and Users’ rights) regulations 2003 an operator shall not shall not less than one month prior to the date of implementation of any proposed modification, notify its subscribers to that service of the proposed modification in the conditions of the contract for that service, and their right to withdraw without penalty from such contract if they do not accept the modification. If you wish to exercise your right under Regulation 17 please contact O2. The continued use of O2 services after the effective date of the change is deemed acceptance of the change.

And it is true as I have already contacted O2 and they have taken me out of contract no hassle at all.



probably a silly question:

If I buy an iphone on contract now, and its the standard contract with no mention of these new charges, can I ring up in a week and opt out, and keep the phone!?

o2 screwed me in the past, no I wouldn't hesitate!

Dades Would you like to know more?
#8

Shredneck said:
And it is true as I have already contacted O2 and they have taken me out of contract no hassle at all.
Fair play!

I just didn't want to see dozens of iPhoners have their dreams dashed after trying to escape O2.

Though, as cojomo2 suggests, how would this would work with heavily subsidised handsets?

Patrickof Registered User
#9

I believe they may be entitled to request the handset be returned as part of the contract termination.

dazedandlost Registered User
#10

Even worse, they are stopping their webtext service from 3rd Aug !

No more Eirtext or Jelly SMS !!!!!!


http://www.o2online.ie/wps/wcm/connect/O2/About%20O2/Terms+and+conditions/Customer+Notification

seamus Dental Plan!
#11

Dades said:
Though, as cojomo2 suggests, how would this would work with heavily subsidised handsets?
You won't be able to get your handset unlocked

Even worse, they are stopping their webtext service from 3rd Aug !

No more Eirtext or Jelly SMS !!!!!!
They're not. That's Desktop text, it's a different service altogether. Webtext won't be taken down.

That would be suicide.

1 person has thanked this post
Shredneck Registered User
#12

Dades said:
Fair play!

I just didn't want to see dozens of iPhoners have their dreams dashed after trying to escape O2.

Though, as cojomo2 suggests, how would this would work with heavily subsidised handsets?


I'm not saying it's an escape from O2 I've done this and am still with O2 just no longer in contract with them.

Basically I purchased a 16gb iPhone in April for €200 and entered an 18 month contract on the Advance 150 plan a friend who works for O2 mentioned this to me - I contacted the O2 call centre a couple of days ago and now I'm out of contract but still on the network.

dazedandlost Registered User
#13

seamus said:
You won't be able to get your handset unlocked

They're not. That's Desktop text, it's a different service altogether. Webtext won't be taken down.

That would be suicide.



Webtext is Desktop text is it not?

FungiWalsh Registered User
#14

Anyone know what the situation will be with cancelling your contract when your subsidised phone has already been unlocked by O2?

Shredneck Registered User
#15

dazedandlost said:
Webtext is Desktop text is it not?


No it's completely different product. WEBTEXT is the free SMS sent from O2.ie Desktop text is a product businesses could have whereby the could send sms direcly from their own Outlook

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!