princemuzzy Registered User

i have sky+ in one room and cancelled my multi-room so still have the other box set up in the bedroom using for some free-view channels

so my question is if i buy another free-view set top box and connect it instead of the second sky box will it A) work and B) will i get more channels?

mossym Moderator

princemuzzy said:
i have sky+ in one room and cancelled my multi-room so still have the other box set up in the bedroom using for some free-view channels

so my question is if i buy another free-view set top box and connect it instead of the second sky box will it A) work and B) will i get more channels?

you'll get the same channels, but a freeview box is for oTA transmissions using an aerial, did you mean a freesat box?

snaps Registered User

Freeview=UK DTT (Available on the east coast, N border areas and South east coast)
Any Free to air/Freesat satellite receiver will get you the UK free channels as long as you have a feed from the current dish to the location where you want to install it.

sesswhat Registered User

Have you tried the Tuning Guide in the stickies to make sure you are getting all available channels on your old box?

You can also set up a Favourites list to avoid scrolling through all the unwanted channels.

snaps said:
Freeview=UK DTT (Available on the east coast, N border areas and South east coast)
Any Free to air/Freesat satellite receiver will get you the UK free channels as long as you have a feed from the current dish to the location where you want to install it.

I've noticed local installers advertising channels like dave and alibion freeview that I can't get currently with my sky box so will I get these extra channels with a freesat box connected to the sky feed if so could you recommend a dressy box to me

princemuzzy said:
I've noticed local installers advertising channels like dave and alibion freeview that I can't get currently with my sky box so will I get these extra channels with a freesat box connected to the sky feed if so could you recommend a dressy box to me

No, Freeview and Freesat are 2 different things. Freeview is got through an Aerial and can be received in certain parts of Ireland along the east coast and around the border.

Freesat is got through a dish . http://www.freesat.co.uk/

jobyrne30 said:
No, Freeview and Freesat are 2 different things. Freeview is got through an Aerial and can be received in certain parts of Ireland along the east coast and around the border.

Freesat is got through a dish . http://www.freesat.co.uk/

sound so how much should i be paying for freeview install?

also if i was to sourse one of them freesat cards from sky in uk would i get ny extra channels

appreciate all the help guys

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!