#121

Study for Irish?Not when you're doing ordinary

2 people have thanked this post
Jackobyte Registered User
#122

Unseen drama: Did the Other Drama Q 1 + 3. Felt alright with it
Studied drama: Did Q 2 with R+J. Very happy with.
Unseen poetry: Struggled through with numerous misinterpretations I'd say.
Studied poetry: Shall I Compare Thee. Sh'up Damo!
Unseen fiction: Very happy with. Did well
Studied fiction: Happy with. I managed to include the word "breast" \o/

WanderingSoul Registered User
#123

Jackobyte said:
Unseen drama: Did the Other Drama Q 1 + 3. Felt alright with it
Studied drama: Did Q 2 with R+J. Very happy with.
Unseen poetry: Struggled through with numerous misinterpretations I'd say.
Studied poetry: Shall I Compare Thee. Sh'up Damo!
Unseen fiction: Very happy with. Did well
Studied fiction: Happy with. I managed to include the word "breast" \o/


SoSlickFivee Registered User
#124

Jackobyte said:
Unseen drama: Did the Other Drama Q 1 + 3. Felt alright with it
Studied drama: Did Q 2 with R+J. Very happy with.
Unseen poetry: Struggled through with numerous misinterpretations I'd say.
Studied poetry: Shall I Compare Thee. Sh'up Damo!
Unseen fiction: Very happy with. Did well
Studied fiction: Happy with. I managed to include the word "breast" \o/


Unseen drama: I did the modern one, Q 1 + 2 wrote about two pages for each.
Studied drama: Juno and the Paycock. Q 1. Wrote about a page and a half but left it till second last, totally lost my A.
Unseen poetry: Did Q 1 + 2, was delighted with it. Wrote about 4 pages. Interpreted everything well I think (:
Studied poetry: Mushrooms- Sylvia Plath. Left it till last. Did Q 2 for time keeping - I left it till I had ten minutes left! D: Only wrote about a paragraph, immensely disappointed..
Unseen fiction: Did really well. Q 1 + 2. Wrote a good 4 pages and totally gave out about Sam!
Studied fiction: To Kill A Mockingbird. Q 2. Was very time conscious. Didn't do
as well as I could have. About two pages.

Overall, I was disappointed with my paper. I had done brilliantly in PAper I, and my poor time management, lost me the A..

soccymonster Registered User
#125

I saw yer exam now
The GAA media studies question was actually a really lovely question.
And yer studied poetry (the 2nd one) was really nice too. Handy 30 marker if you could talk about the imagery and techniques of a poem.

Way better than my paper last year. Must admit.

SoSlickFivee Registered User
#126

soccymonster said:
I saw yer exam now
The GAA media studies question was actually a really lovely question.
And yer studied poetry (the 2nd one) was really nice too. Handy 30 marker if you could talk about the imagery and techniques of a poem.

Way better than my paper last year. Must admit.


Your paper was really difficult- The poem sucked.

Caught Registered User
#127

Jackobyte said:
Unseen drama: Did the Other Drama Q 1 + 3. Felt alright with it
Studied drama: Did Q 2 with R+J. Very happy with.
Unseen poetry: Struggled through with numerous misinterpretations I'd say.
Studied poetry: Shall I Compare Thee. Sh'up Damo!
Unseen fiction: Very happy with. Did well
Studied fiction: Happy with. I managed to include the word "breast" \o/


Mine was alot like yours.

Studied Drama: Q2 with R + J
Unseen drama: Other drama - Q 1 + 2
Unseen poetry: Did alright. Can't remember the questions
STudied poetry: Shall I Compare Thee - Question 2
Unseen fiction: Q 1 + 3
Studied fiction: Alright. Roll of Thunder - Q2

DylanS09 Registered User
#128

Did anyone else notice for the unseen fiction that all the questions spelled his name Tony Hawke and in the extract it was Tony Hawk??
Wasn't really a big deal...but I still had to point it out to everyone else in the room!!

kevin12345 Registered User
#129

DylanS09 said:
Did anyone else notice for the unseen fiction that all the questions spelled his name Tony Hawke and in the extract it was Tony Hawk??
Wasn't really a big deal...but I still had to point it out to everyone else in the room!!


yeah

#130

Anybody else use Tich Miller by Wendy Cope for their studied poetry?

bluejay14 Moderator
#131

DylanS09 said:
Did anyone else notice for the unseen fiction that all the questions spelled his name Tony Hawke and in the extract it was Tony Hawk??
Wasn't really a big deal...but I still had to point it out to everyone else in the room!!

I never actually noticed but I was kind of thinking to myself when I was answering the questions "shouldn't his name have an e on the end?"

padocon Registered User
#132

I'd say the poem was the hardest for me. And am... how can people leave English 2 with a half hour to go? Crazy!

xMeganx Registered User
#133

Paper 1 was really good! paper 2 was hard but not the worst either!

Spattersonox Registered User
#134

Drama - I did the Other Drama. Q1 + 3 ( was grand) , Romeo and Juliet Q1 (Brilliant)

Poetry - was a bit hard to get .Did Q1 + 3 ( Ok) Dulce et Decorum est ( Great)

Fiction - Q1 + 2 ( Good enough) Roll of thunder hear my cry ( Brill)

so all in all if I don't get an A i'll be disappointed

coolyourjets Registered User
#135

I loved both papers:)thought the poem about the old dude dying in P2 was pretty sad:(nd i thought it was funny in de fiction section wen de kid strted sayin he tlks to tony hawk after i read that i was expectin him to say ''Tony tells me to burn things'':L:L

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!