Twilightning Registered User

I was just wondering whether or not anyone else does this. I remember being sick when I was younger and my mam saying the first thing she'd get me around in the shop was a 2 litre bottle of 7-Up. Is this purely an Irish thing? Been feeling like crap the past few days and I've had a bottle of it next to the bed.

8 people have thanked this post

Tonic water and Coca-Cola too. Both work wonders. Best to have them not too cold and best to let them go a little less fizzy too.

Feel better, OP!

1 person has thanked this post
Biggins Banned

I've heard it many times in hospitals that flat 7-up is just as good for you any any other Lucazade type drink out there.

Yes, flat 7-Up and dry toast. I kind of miss it in a funny way...

12 people have thanked this post

I can't do it anymore because it reminds me of being sick

4 people have thanked this post
munkymanmatt Registered User

Yeah but you're supposed to boil it first to flatten it. Otherwise the gas could make you hurl again

oppenheimer1 Registered User

It has to be boiled to get rid of the fizz. Nothing better for an upset stomach.

I thought it was just my mother made me do that!!!

kiffer Registered User

defizzed 7up ... That's how you knew it was serious... Out came the 7up... and it's been stirred up to get rid of most of the fizz...

6 people have thanked this post
GLaDOS Testing

DaPoolRulz said:
Yes, flat 7-Up and dry toast. I kind of miss it in a funny way...

Yeah, always what my mam gave me, easier on the stomach I suppose

I was just wondering whether or not anyone else does this. I remember being sick when I was younger and my mam saying the first thing she'd get me around in the shop was a 2 litre bottle of 7-Up. Is this purely an Irish thing? Been feeling like crap the past few days and I've had a bottle of it next to the bed.

Get back to studying, waster.

PrettyBoy Registered User

I was always told 7up was good for you when you were sick, thought it was just an Irish thing but then I saw it on South Park (though they mentioned Sprite, same thing!)

Twilightning Registered User

PrettyBoy said:
I was always told 7up was good for you when you were sick, thought it was just an Irish thing but then I saw it on South Park (though they mentioned Sprite, same thing!)

7-Up > Sprite

8 people have thanked this post
Pauleta Registered User

My mammy used to always get me Lucozade

munkymanmatt Registered User

Let me just fix that for ya

Twilightning said:
7-Up < Sprite

2 people have thanked this post
sesna Banned

oppenheimer1 said:
It has to be boiled to get rid of the fizz. Nothing better for an upset stomach.

Yup nothing better than a drink full of sugar causing osmotic diarrhoea, to exacerbate an already existing stomach problem. I would use rehydration sachets, but of course mammy knows best.

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!