Motley Crue Registered User

Tickets go on sale next Friday, they're playing the 02 in September.

Think its 1st of September...just heard it on Today FM. Woohoo!!

3 people have thanked this post
smelltheglove Registered User

my source was right so happy days! i posted this in yer french thread ****in class news dont have to follow them round europe now..well maybe 1 or 2 extra shows...hope the missus doesnt see this haha

yknaa Registered User

Another date added. Belfast 31st August

yknaa said:
Another date added. Belfast 31st August

Brilliant, now I just have to wait and find out what price the tickets will cost

http://mcd.ie/home/fn.php?c=5747138&ar=gunsnroses&cat=all

Brilliant!

hynesie08 Registered User

tickets priced at 65.50-70.50

NIBBS Registered User

Motley Crue said:
Brilliant, now I just have to wait and find out what price the tickets will cost

http://mcd.ie/home/fn.php?c=5747138&ar=gunsnroses&cat=all

and the Odyssey is £49 standing -£55 seated which of course is much cheaper, but road trips midweek ain't always a good idea......

Royale with Cheese Registered User

I'm in Germany until September 3rd. Noooooooooooooo

would someone be able to give me the pre-sale code for Dublin on Wed, PM me that morning, since I'm not an 02 customer and unsure how to get the code

jack presley Moderator

I was just having a moan in a different thread about how annoying the last gig in the RDS was when Axl buggered off after nearly every song and left the others to play solos while he did whatever he did. Just as the gig was building momentum, he'd go off and we'd have to listen to some boring twiddlie bits on a guitar. I wonder does he still take these breaks. If he doesn't I'd love to go

jack presley said:
I was just having a moan in a different thread about how annoying the last gig in the RDS was when Axl buggered off after nearly every song and left the others to play solos while he did whatever he did. Just as the gig was building momentum, he'd go off and we'd have to listen to some boring twiddlie bits on a guitar. I wonder does he still take these breaks. If he doesn't I'd love to go

The band is far far tighter on this tour compared to that show in 06 (which was great craic). Axl still takes breaks, not as much as last time though. The solo spots are better organised now and flow into songs. Richard Fortus does a nifty Bond Theme which flows into Live and Let Die, Ron Thal does a stripped down Don't Cry with the crowd singing (and if we are lucky Axl), the band jam on Another Brick In The Wall while the stage is set for November Rain which Axl starts off by doing a solo piano run of Goodbye Yellow Brick Road or another Elton John number. DJ Ashba does the Ballad of Death before kicking off Sweet Child O' Mine.

Just seen this advertised on Ticketmaster. What was their RDS show like a few years ago?

grandmaster said:
Just seen this advertised on Ticketmaster. What was their RDS show like a few years ago?

Great craic, very sunny day, Axl was onstage bang on 8pm. This time they are a lot tighter as a band.

WithCheesePlease Registered User

Very, very torn about this one...

MCD:
The worldwide tour promotes the band's current album, Chinese Democracy

I wonder will it just be Axl Rose being a dick and playing all new stuff or will it be a cool gig for old times sake.

WithCheesePlease said:
Very, very torn about this one...

The setlist has been varied so far elsewhere, they've been performing classic hits and newer material to keep everyone happy

Facebook Group already exists
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=131731720172662&ref=mf

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!