grizzly Registered User

I think this is one Total War game I could safely pre-order without playing the demo. There's going to be bugs (there always are) but I can't see CA messing this up. By going back to Shogun they have no new mechanics to implement like rifles or international sea trading routes.

It's a shame there's no Steam per-order bonus. I think retail copies are getting some. I would have liked if they released the original game on Steam and given it free with pre-order.

evercloserunion said:
Terrible trailer tbh. I am absolutely none the wiser about the game.

And what was that swordfight about, completely irrelevant.

They released some "battle reports" vids, showing lots of gameplay.

2 people have thanked this post
Coriolanus Registered User

Man, even if it's pre alpha it looks sweet. I've been waiting and waiting to upgrade my pc (currently dual core, Nvidia 9500) so this is a perfect excuse.

evercloserunion said:
Terrible trailer tbh. I am absolutely none the wiser about the game.

And what was that swordfight about, completely irrelevant.

Just like most trailers then?

Looking forward to the demo... roll on Tuesday!

BopNiblets Registered User

Demo up on Steam steam://install/34350

Sephiroth_dude One Winged Angel

Anyone download the demo?how much diskspace does it require?

Maximilian Moderator

6 gigs. Another 90 minutes. Hope it doesn't suck. Empire left a bad taste in my mouth.

evercloserunion Registered User

Wow, 6GB seems large for a demo, unless I am just out of touch with modern gaming requirements (I don't play many new games).

Maximilian Moderator

full game is 20gb. Only played for a bit but it seems very slick indeed. Pace of the battles seems a lot quicker. Campaign map is really nice. Music in the loading screen is the same as that from the first game. Performance is good.

Griffin87 Registered User

Downloaded the demo last nite. should get a game in tonight. i heard the demo is scripted so we cant judge the batte ai.

uglyjohn Registered User

started downloading this morning at 6:00 am local time. its now 7:14 pm, 89% done and the speed has dropped to 3kb/s. perfect.

im actually only playing the demo to see how it runs on my laptop. every part of shogun 1 was fantastic. way ahead of its time.

Sephiroth_dude One Winged Angel

Whats the A.I like?I've read on various forums that its actually smart

Griffin87 Registered User

played the demo last nite. The Battle Ai is scripted in the demo so we cant tell weather the ai is any better.

They done this with the Empire demo too.

Branoic Registered User

I swore after the fiasco that was Empire I'd never preorder a TW game again, but damn them, something about them going back to Shogun just fills me with a warm fuzzy feeling, an I loved the demo, even with scripted battle AI.

grizzly Registered User

What graphics cards are folks going to run this on? I've got a 285 and want to run on 1900x1200 on high(ish) settings.

1 person has thanked this post
Wezo1994 Registered User

Just been playing the Demo of Shogun 2 and it is UTTERLY AMAZING!

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!