Bacchus Registered User
#1

Hey,

I'm moving back to Cork soon and am considering moving out to Douglas. I work in UCC and am hoping to be able to use public transport to commute. What's the bus service like out of Douglas to the city? Is it a nightmare trying to get into the city early in the morning?

Thanks,
Bacchus

miss_shadow Registered User
#2

The number 7 is very reliable with times and stops just next to KC's chipper

The number 16 also passes before the number 7 so either way you will not miss a bus. If i catch the bus at 7.10am it will get into the city before 7.25am and no traffic either.

Bacchus Registered User
#3

Awesome thank you. My only reservation about moving to Douglas was the commute. From what you say though, it's very manageable.

oeb Registered User
#5

Depending on where in Douglas you are (ie, if you are out towards the grange direction) the number six comes down that way every 10 or 15 minutes. (And goes down donnybrook hill and drops you off at the South Mall. That's usually the one I take if I'm heading into the city.

Bacchus Registered User
#6

That site is great. Thank you.

1 person has thanked this post
miss_shadow Registered User
#7

cool, didn't know that was on FB

1 person has thanked this post
Funsterdelux Registered User
#8

Not only on FB, Im now rolling out a website!

http://www.corkpublictransport.com/

its early stages!

3 people have thanked this post
murphym7 Registered User
#9

Funsterdelux said:
Not only on FB, Im now rolling out a website!

http://www.corkpublictransport.com/

its early stages!


That looks very good - fair play for making the effort.

Ludo Registered User
#10

Funsterdelux said:
Not only on FB, Im now rolling out a website!

http://www.corkpublictransport.com/

its early stages!


That is excellent...keep up the good work.

FTGFOP Registered User
#11

@ Funsterdelux
These sites are your babies? Fair play! Thanks for, and Kudos on, your work!

Key to the City for Funsterdelux!

1 person has thanked this post
#12

For the most part the No.6 is excellent and is very frequent (every 10 minutes). I did the Douglas/UCC commute for four years and I use the 6 for work too. Traffic in the morning can be awful though. There's about 5/6 schools on the route. If you want to be in town before 9 I found it best to be on the bus somewhere between 7.30 and 8 just to be sure. The walk from South Mall (where the bus route ends) to UCC is about 15 minutes.The number 7 bus also serves Douglas.

Funsterdelux Registered User
#13

FTGFOP said:
@ Funsterdelux
These sites are your babies? Fair play! Thanks for, and Kudos on, your work!

Key to the City for Funsterdelux!


*blushes*

run_Forrest_run Registered User
#14

Bacchus said:
Awesome thank you. My only reservation about moving to Douglas was the commute. From what you say though, it's very manageable.


well I was going to recommend cycling it. The distance from Douglas (village) to Anglesea St is just under a mile.
The cycle to UCC would be a nice one, nothing to hilly and you'd probably beat the cars.

razorblunt Registered User
#15

run_Forrest_run said:
well I was going to recommend cycling it. The distance from Douglas (village) to Anglesea St is just under a mile.
The cycle to UCC would be a nice one, nothing to hilly and you'd probably beat the cars.


Was going to suggest the same, would be a very quick cycle, through Turners Cross and Ballyphehane to avoid the city altogether.

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!