Well lately ive been talking repairs a lot and it seems to come up regularly enough, so why dont we dedicate a thread to it?

can be to ask questions, show repairs or just to give advice or whatever.

7 people have thanked this post
o1s1n Registered User

Good idea. I don't know why this doesn't already exist.

Might also be good to write up a list of easily fixed common issues Ie - Nes 72 pin connector.

1 person has thanked this post

i have 4 or 5 consoles still to repair so ill be posting about them here.

brianon Registered User

Excellent. Me first

Jap Sega Megadrive. Took it down from the attic there and ...

Red Led lights up. Screen goes black. And thats it. Nothing more than a black screen. Tried it with the RF cable and the scart cable. Same result.

The game works fine on the other Jap Megadrive.

Cheers,
Brian.

LoGiE Moderator

Nice idea. Lets see how it goes and I may make a new sticky

got 2 dreamcasts as non working, one didnt read disks and the other one "black screened" when turned on. when i got it, wasnt black screening but freezing on the dreamcast logo

so i tried swapping the gdrom drives, now the non reader was logo freezingand the black screener was booting!!

so i took the board from the dvd drive of the non reader and the lens/assembly from the non booter and put these together and into one of the dreamcasts and low and behold my copy of crazy taxi booted up no bother, well delighted.

going to try somthing drastic with that snes

Mr Trade In Registered User

Sega Nomad, Irish Plug used on it so the board was fried.

o1s1n Registered User

Mr Trade In said:
Sega Nomad, Irish Plug used on it so the board was fried.

An Irish plug will not fry a Sega Nomad. It's the same output. I use one on mine all the time.

If will fry the Nomad if you use an American plug in an Irish socket without a step down transformer.

NES, didnt work so i replaced the 72pin, now works perfectly and i got the cart bay going up and down again too!

o1s1n Registered User

Nice work!

now to decide wether to keep it or not

LoGiE Moderator

Fred83 were did your post go! That was exactly what this thread is about

Mr Trade In Registered User

o1s1n said:
An Irish plug will not fry a Sega Nomad. It's the same output. I use one on mine all the time.

If will fry the Nomad if you use an American plug in an Irish socket without a step down transformer.

My mistake, I bought it damaged,I have two, one works fine, this one was bought for parts,I emailed a UK import/retro store and was quoted £75 for repairs. I wouldn't like to post it to them though it would be too fragile.

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!