Mark Hamill Registered User

This spoilerish Lego set shows the villains (in Lego form anyway).

Possibly

then?

constitutionus Registered User

so it could be annihilus's lads then ?

must say from the links its an interesting idea that they propose

Spoiler (Show)

i dont know if thats on the level or not but its fun to say theres so much potential with the series that it COULD be true.

wampyrus77 Registered User

Doctor DooM said:
The Avengers comic has never been mainstream the way the tv series was in the UK.

its was comic book series b4 it came a tv series, avengers was created by marvel comics and its American company, Im so very sure show in a USA 1st, The avengers was created by writer-editor Stan Lee and artist/co-plotter Jack Kirby, The Avengers #1 (Sept. 1963)

Mickeroo Category Moderator

wampyrus77 said:
its was comic book series b4 it came a tv series, avengers was created by marvel comics and its American company, Im so very sure show in a USA 1st, The avengers was created by writer-editor Stan Lee and artist/co-plotter Jack Kirby, The Avengers #1 (Sept. 1963)

The tv series they're talking about has nothing to do with marvel comics.

7 people have thanked this post
Kess73 Registered User

pixelburp said:
Name change aside, Joss Whedon confirmed a few details about the apparent invading-army from the trailer; specifically who they aren't:

(naturally there's spoilers for the super-sensitive)
http://insidemovies.ew.com/2012/03/10/sxsw-joss-whedon-avengers-cabin/

Well I'm still sticking to them being the Chitari. A lot of the Ultimates universe has been used in the recent Marvel films, and the Chitari were the alien invaders the Ultimates fought.

Plus Wheadon has the option of tying them into Cap's backstory just as it was done in the Ultimate comics.

Turtyturd Registered User

Kess73 said:
Well I'm still sticking to them being the Chitari. A lot of the Ultimates universe has been used in the recent Marvel films, and the Chitari were the alien invaders the Ultimates fought.

Plus Wheadon has the option of tying them into Cap's backstory just as it was done in the Ultimate comics.

The Chitari refer to themselves as Skrulls....so that would be cheating on Mr Whedon's behalf and a film studio would never do that.

cianisgood Registered User

it will be called the avengers here not avengers assemble

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0848228/releaseinfo#akas

I kinda like Group Hug.

3 people have thanked this post
Kylo Ren Registered User

4 people have thanked this post
Mickeroo Category Moderator

Imagine if Pixar had made all the avengers movies.....

11 people have thanked this post
Kess73 Registered User

Turtyturd said:
The Chitari refer to themselves as Skrulls....so that would be cheating on Mr Whedon's behalf and a film studio would never do that.

No, the Chitari pretended to be the Skrull at some point in their history. Their leader in the Ultimates makes a comment about this and how the real Skrull were non too happy about it.

They are a seperate alien race in the Ultimate universe.

1 person has thanked this post
Nervous Wreck Moderator

cianisgood said:
it will be called the avengers here not avengers assemble

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0848228/releaseinfo#akas

Just to confirm this, I saw the trailer in the cinema today and it was billed as The Avengers. Thank jaysus.

Sad Professor Information Retrieval

Are you sure that wasn't just the US trailer? Because several Irish cinema sites are listing it as Avengers Assemble.

Has anyone seen a poster?

Darko Registered User

Sad Professor said:
Are you sure that wasn't just the US trailer? Because several Irish cinema sites are listing it as Avengers Assemble.

Has anyone seen a poster?

The trailer that I've seen in three different cinemas is the US one, so I imagine that no Irish cinemas have an updated one yet. It would make sense for it to have the same title in cinemas in the UK and Ireland as the eventual DVD and Blu-Ray will be identical in both countries.

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!