Dr.Sanchez Registered User
#196

Kaneda_ said:
I was in the navy for a few years and only left a year ago , great time and you'll meet some fantastic people.

Its a good job, sometimes id love to be back - its has its downfalls but what job doesnt?

Its a very handy job - alot easier than many civvy jobs,ony more reason to join!


good luck to all!


Any chance you can fill us in on what happens after recruit training and day-to-day life, etc?

MRLAZY Registered User
#197

Anyone have a rough figure on the number of people be called for interview,fitness and medical. Are they taking on a full class of 40 recruits?

delta720 Registered User
#198

deanfitzg said:
I was the third back. God help us if hes trainin us, seems a little bit touched. That doc seemed a bit nuts too, gave out to me for takin panadol.


I hope for your sake he doesn't go on boards! Touched or not, it wouldn't take a genius to work out who you are 'deanfitzg'.

Dr.Sanchez Registered User
#199

delta720 said:
I hope for your sake he doesn't go on boards! Touched or not, it wouldn't take a genius to work out who you are 'deanfitzg'.


True, a quick search of "Navy" will show this thread up, I'd watch it Dean Fitzgearld...

#200

deanfitzg said:
I was the third back. God help us if hes trainin us, seems a little bit touched. That doc seemed a bit nuts too, gave out to me for takin panadol.


Have you ever heard of the phrase "heat seeker"?

MRLAZY Registered User
#201

I done my run this morning 1.5miles in 11mins and 30 sec. Not bad for my first run. But still not good enough. I dif could of done better I could of push myself more. Ill go for another run tomorrow after work and hopefully there will be an improvement.

Another thing regarding the LA 89 certificate that they want from you if you were in the reserve or PDF. Iv just found What I thought was my la 89 cert. But it doesnt say la89 cert on it. It just says Certicate of discharge and in it is my serving number, name, address, the amount of days effective service, start date, finish date and reason for discharge......etc

Anyone know if this the La 89 Cert or if I can just bring this instead??

Cheers in advance.

deanfitzg Registered User
#202

goldie fish said:
Have you ever heard of the phrase "heat seeker"?


Yup and now i cant delete it.....
Blaine where did you come in the run?

deanfitzg Registered User
#203

Did anyone hear anything back yet? Iv been haunting my e-mail every day

Dr.Sanchez Registered User
#204

deanfitzg said:
Yup and now i cant delete it.....
Blaine where did you come in the run?


Down on Wednesday, I'll let you know how I get on... I think there's lads down on days all the up till the 25th so prob won't hear anything till after then!

rockagusroll Registered User
#205

Haven't heard anything yet but i think by talking to the navy guys last week that it was only last week and this for the medicals. He said roughly a hundred were being called down and there is a class of 40 being taken on in April.

Dr.Sanchez Registered User
#206

rockagusroll said:
Haven't heard anything yet but i think by talking to the navy guys last week that it was only last week and this for the medicals. He said roughly a hundred were being called down and there is a class of 40 being taken on in April.


That's good info man, thanks for that!

MRLAZY Registered User
#207

That sounds good. 40 out of a hundred.
What Cloths are suitable to wear for interview?? suit and tie or will jeans shirt and shoes do?

#208

MRLAZY said:
That sounds good. 40 out of a hundred.
What Cloths are suitable to wear for interview?? suit and tie or will jeans shirt and shoes do?


Relax dude, its a pretty chilled interview. If you turned up in a suit you'd just look posh mate. Don't even bother with a shirt - just get a t-shirt.

Dr.Sanchez Registered User
#209

40 out of 100 people, first impressions count... I'll be sporting a nice pair of slacks and shirt, regardless of how relaxed the interview is!

concussion Registered User
#210

I'd wear a suit myself.

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!