Wild Bill Banned
#601

Irish and Proud said:
I think it would be sensible to use the old viaduct given the now unlikely nature of the LUAS B2 Extension to Fassaroe ever going ahead.


Never say never!

If the economy ever recovers from our self-inflicted debt mountain then Fassaroe and Cherrywood are obvious areas for the first green shoots of growth.

Wild Bill Banned
#602

Irish and Proud said:


I think there is a specific LUAS B2 thread there - I might dig it up.



Hmmmm...might be a bit premature.

I'd say it will be (barring Armageddon) the 2020s by the time B2 gets built.

cargo Registered User
#603

The road construction schedule seems to be taking the same shape as the previous part they upgraded further south.

They blitzed out the topsoil for both lanes (3N & 3R) and it looked as if it was ready for toplayers within a week or two but now they are starting again along the length of the excavations and are starting to lay new services. Waterpipes for drainage delivered to site last 2 weeks and ducting for all other services (ESB/Fibre etc) on-site this am as I passed.

I imagine they have to do it this way as the workarea is so tight they need to put in a good temporary access road for the trucks etc and then work within that temp road (and to the side of it).

Praetorian Registered User
#604

I find it interesting that they have started the works for only rougtly half of the the distance of the final project? Are they going to complete the d3 fully and then tackle the bridge etc?

cargo Registered User
#605

Yeah not sure what they're up to there but I don't imagine they will be doing a partial opening or anything as they progress as it's such a short works. Must be somehow related to the bridge in at that end.

celticbest Registered User
#606

cargo said:
Yeah not sure what they're up to there but I don't imagine they will be doing a partial opening or anything as they progress as it's such a short works. Must be somehow related to the bridge in at that end.


I really thought they would open it in sections.......DAM!!

cargo Registered User
#607

celticbest said:
I really thought they would open it in sections.......DAM!!


Maybe it will but just thinking management of it would get a bit crazy.

Carawaystick Registered User
#608

It looks like a third of the way is under construction, I'd imagine after the first section is done the 3 lanes there would open, and the next section will be to the bridge at the recycling centre, leaving time to upgrade the junction and fix the bridge section.

The nra got back to me with poor reasons for the speed limits outside of the roadworks. There has been a change and increase in emphasis on the 60 kmh limit but little or no reduction in traffic speed afaics

cargo Registered User
#609

Good progress on SB side with a lot of the new storm water pipework in place and i didn't notice the big pile of ducting there this am so I presume it has been laid.

Noticed several marks (freshly relaid) across the existing carriageway into the hard shoulder so I presume they linked some services across the road over the weekend while traffic was quieter.

#610

the lissenhall on-ramp to M1 southbound has been re-aligned and theres a LOT less space now at the roundbout, its now only 1 lane, where 2 lanes used to merge into one

it'll be interesting to see if it cuts out the knobs flying down the right lane (for swords), into the roundabout, and then moving into the traffic in the left lane going down on to the M1 at the last second.

1 person has thanked this post
Wild Bill Banned
#611

sk8board said:


it'll be interesting to see if it cuts out the knobs flying down the right lane (for swords), into the roundabout, and then moving into the traffic in the left lane going down on to the M1 at the last second.


Do those knobs piss me off!

Correct procedure (as endorsed by the RSA) is to keep an eye in the left mirror as you approach the cut-in point and match your speed to any knobs trying to get past

#612

Wild Bill said:
Do those knobs piss me off!

Correct procedure (as endorsed by the RSA) is to keep an eye in the left mirror as you approach the cut-in point and match your speed to any knobs trying to get past


Motorists using the wrong lanes and cutting up other motorists thereafter might need to do another driving test since they don't know the rules of the road - I'm sure their pals would have a good laugh at their newly acquired 'L' plates in such circumstances - might be something to deter this kind of driving since it would no longer be perceived as smart IMO.

Regards!

#613

sk8board said:
the lissenhall on-ramp to M1 southbound has been re-aligned and theres a LOT less space now at the roundbout, its now only 1 lane, where 2 lanes used to merge into one

it'll be interesting to see if it cuts out the knobs flying down the right lane (for swords), into the roundabout, and then moving into the traffic in the left lane going down on to the M1 at the last second.


Yes, I noticed that on the DCC Traffic Cams last night - looks like the contractors are about to move in on Lissenhall itself - there are AFAIK 4 cycle underpasses to be installed - 3 under the on/off ramps and 1 under Hearse Road - looks like the underpass for the SB on-ramp will be used by pedestrians too.

Things might be getting interesting!

Wild Bill Banned
#614

Irish and Proud said:
Hearse Road


Wouldn't like to be trying to sell a property on that one!

#615

Irish and Proud said:
Hearse Road


Wouldn't like to be trying to sell a property on that one!


Well there's another way of looking at it - funeral arrangements might not be too problematic there! :-D

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!