WoollyRedHat Registered User
#2,356
pixelburp Moderator
#2,357

Going to go ahead and presume this scene Oldman speaks of involves the snippet from the trailer where we see/hear Alfred talking of how he'd failed Bruce's parents. That seemed quite a tearful emotional scene right there...

ricero Registered User
#2,358

i would not be surprised if Alfred was to fluff it in the new film, would add some emotional impact to bruce wayne if he dies at the hands of bane

constantg Registered User
#2,359

ricero said:
i would not be surprised if Alfred was to fluff it in the new film, would add some emotional impact to bruce wayne if he dies at the hands of bane

Would that be canon? I mean what happens to alfred in the comiccs?

Mr Freeze Registered User
#2,360

constantg said:
Would that be canon? I mean what happens to alfred in the comiccs?

He survived Bruce Wayne, and went on to lead/assemble a team of super heroes call The Outsiders.

Oh and how could I forget, he also help Dick Grayson when he became batman.

So Killing Alfred would not be canon, but who cares, flip all is canon in the films, they can do what they want.

Sad Professor Information Retrieval
#2,361

I don't think Alfred will die. That would just feel like a repeat of TDK with Bruce losing yet another loved one. I think it's more likely that Batman/Bruce himself will die, leaving Alfred behind to grieve him. Nolan is wrapping up the Batman mythos in this film, and given that he has tried to depict Batman as an existential hero, it would make sense for the final film to end with his death.

#2,362

Sad Professor said:
I think it's more likely that Batman/Bruce himself will die

I thought that was gonna happen in TDK when Batman and Harvey fell, and when it showed them lying there, for a second, I thought they are both dead. I thought that would have been a great end, and leave it at 2 films, Warner wouldn't like that though.

allanb49 Registered User
#2,363

The studio wouldn't let batman die,

They want the happy ending of the hero saving the day, redeeming himself and riding off into the sunset knowing he's made a difference,

I would love it to happen but it would be too much a bold move for them to conceivably pull off.

It will go

1) Bane breaks the Bat
2) Montage inter cut with Bane taking control of Gotham/Batman coming back
3) Batman defeating Bane/League of Shadows closing the chapter and him going off with Selena Kyle

All movies follow the same formula.

Sad Professor Information Retrieval
#2,364

Nolan's last two films made almost 2 billion dollars worldwide. He pretty much has a blank cheque from Warner Bros, who announced their intention to reboot the franchise before TDKR even started shooting. They wouldn't have done this if they thought there was any hope of getting Nolan and Bale to return for another one. Make no mistake about it, if Nolan wants to kill Batman, the studio will let him.

And the hero can save the day, redeem himself and still die. For an example from Nolan's own filmography, see Insomnia.

1 person has thanked this post
#2,365

Sad Professor said:
And the hero can save the day, redeem himself and still die. For an example from Nolan's own filmography, see Insomnia.

/Strikes Insomnia off my To Watch Backlog

2 people have thanked this post
duiggers Registered User
#2,366

Sad Professor said:
Nolan's last two films made almost 2 billion dollars worldwide. He pretty much has a blank cheque from Warner Bros, who announced their intention to reboot the franchise before TDKR even started shooting. They wouldn't have done this if they thought there was any hope of getting Nolan and Bale to return for another one. Make no mistake about it, if Nolan wants to kill Batman, the studio will let him.

Thats right, Nolan has as much control as is possible for a director to have and it would work out well for the studio because killing Bale off as Batman would mean a fresh start for the next franchise

Paleface Registered User
#2,367

8 people have thanked this post
corcaigh07 Registered User
#2,368

Paleface said:

hey, ive actually come him at yonge/dundas. To make money, i saw him standing as a human statue just outside Eaton Centre, costume is pretty good

dublinman1990 Registered User
#2,369

Paleface said:

Well, that was intreresting. How did he actually do the accents so well to frighten off certain people as well as feeling sorry for the little girl near the end.

seraphimvc Moderator
#2,370

Paleface said:

rofl. can you open this for me XD

by the way, any other new pictures/leaks?

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!