wirehairmax Registered User
#1

Hi All,
I’m looking for deer shooting permission in Wexford or the surrounding countys. I’m in North Wexford so Wicklow, Carlow, Kilkenny, Waterford would be great. I would also be open to travelling further afield if the opportunity arises. I have NARGC membership and insurance. I am also a responsible shooter and safety is of utmost importance at all times. I shoot only for recreational purposes and for the great meat from venison and to help out farmers or landowners with deer problems. I do not shoot any deer for commercial reasons. Any help would be appreciated and thanked. I am willing to travel and introduce myself and I can provide character references if required.
I am willing to help out with vermin control as well, so if you have problems with foxes, rabbits, crows, pigeons etc please PM me.

Oh yeah, I better not put my contact details on here so if anyone wants to contact me I suppose its by Private message only.

buckshotbrolan Registered User
#2

wirehairmax said:
Hi All,
I’m looking for deer shooting permission in Wexford or the surrounding countys. I’m in North Wexford so Wicklow, Carlow, Kilkenny, Waterford would be great. I would also be open to travelling further afield if the opportunity arises. I have NARGC membership and insurance. I am also a responsible shooter and safety is of utmost importance at all times. I shoot only for recreational purposes and for the great meat from venison and to help out farmers or landowners with deer problems. I do not shoot any deer for commercial reasons. Any help would be appreciated and thanked. I am willing to travel and introduce myself and I can provide character references if required.
I am willing to help out with vermin control as well, so if you have problems with foxes, rabbits, crows, pigeons etc please PM me.

Oh yeah, I better not put my contact details on here so if anyone wants to contact me I suppose its by Private message only.


Hi there, i like the way you have come across in your post you sound just like me. I don't think you will have much luck here with lads helping you with permissions{ the're a very coveted thing.} Im in east Cork so can't really help you but i wish you all the best!

Jonty Registered User
#3

buckshotbrolan said:
Hi there, i like the way you have come across in your post you sound just like me. I don't think you will have much luck here with lads helping you with permissions{ the're a very coveted thing.} Im in east Cork so can't really help you but i wish you all the best!


Don't take it personal about the lads not helping. Everybody has their own patch and had to find it for themselves. If you read through the topics you'll see there are a lot of helpful guys around here.

Best of luck

buckshotbrolan Registered User
#4

Jonty said:
Don't take it personal about the lads not helping. Everybody has their own patch and had to find it for themselves. If you read through the topics you'll see there are a lot of helpful guys around here.

Best of luck


Im not taking it personally, was just explainig the same. If he was in the Cork erea i would try and help him out. Seemed like a sound fella from his post, not like some who post" Have gun where's the deer at."

patsat Registered User
#5

people are reluctant to give others there permissions if they do not know the person well. this is due to the fact that some people can't keep it to themselves! Then over a short period of time there can be a big increase in the numbers of ppl stalking the land which ruins it for every1. I Know several people who have fallen out with each other because one of them started showing everyone where they were hunting.

Now I'm not assuming you are one of these ppl as you don't come across that way! But many shooters don't want to take the chance unless they know you well! I was lucky that my father shoots deer so i gained the majority of my permission from being with him but i also met farmers who gave me permission.

Have you got any permission already??

jwshooter Registered User
#6

when i started out i was given the opportunity to cull on 30,000 acres on the best ground in wicklow .

the one thing i was told as i shook the mans hand that gave me the job was

" the less people know what your doing the longer you will be at it "

buckshotbrolan Registered User
#7

people are reluctant to give others there permissions if they do not know the person well. this is due to the fact that some people can't keep it to themselves! Then over a short period of time there can be a big increase in the numbers of ppl stalking the land which ruins it for every1. I Know several people who have fallen out with each other because one of them started showing everyone where they were hunting.

I know what your saying there but how ells is a fella going to get permissions to shoot if no one is willing to help them out? I was very lucky that two excellent stalkers took me in under there wing and show'd me the ropes. Im forever in there dept. Alot of people don't understand our sport so the more of our kind we can help out the better.
Hopefully the op will give us some info on what experience he has, what rifle he use's etc.

It wasn't me! Moderator
#8

It's all about legwork. Just drive around the areas you know have deer on them and try talk to the farmers. If you get several farmers, all with decent sized pieces of land, adjoining one another, you now have a fairly substantial permission to hunt on. Doing the rounds of several small, isolated farms gets old, while the above can make for a full day to cover it all if you have enough ground, which is the best part.

patsat Registered User
#9

buckshotbrolan said:


I know what your saying there but how ells is a fella going to get permissions to shoot if no one is willing to help them out? I was very lucky that two excellent stalkers took me in under there wing and show'd me the ropes. Im forever in there dept. Alot of people don't understand our sport so the more of our kind we can help out the better.
Hopefully the op will give us some info on what experience he has, what rifle he use's etc.


thats why i asked had he any other permission to shoot? Then it can be a "you scratch my back and i'll scratch yours" situation!

Otherwise you can be either very lucky or get out and try to talk to farmers!!

#10

wirehairmax said:
Hi All,
I’m looking for deer shooting permission in Wexford or the surrounding countys. I’m in North Wexford so Wicklow, Carlow, Kilkenny, Waterford would be great. I would also be open to travelling further afield if the opportunity arises. I have NARGC membership and insurance. I am also a responsible shooter and safety is of utmost importance at all times. I shoot only for recreational purposes and for the great meat from venison and to help out farmers or landowners with deer problems. I do not shoot any deer for commercial reasons. Any help would be appreciated and thanked. I am willing to travel and introduce myself and I can provide character references if required.
I am willing to help out with vermin control as well, so if you have problems with foxes, rabbits, crows, pigeons etc please PM me.

Oh yeah, I better not put my contact details on here so if anyone wants to contact me I suppose its by Private message only.


do you have permission anywhere yet your self. do you have a stalking rifle if so what type of rifle is it. have you any experience if so how much.

i got started by finding out where deer are first and then asking farmers in these areas for permission, 99% of which are more than happy to give permission to someone that takes the time to go out and talk to them and shake their hand, by doing this i now have permission in several areas around the country.
best of luck.

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!