Lesnar vs Carwin (HW title unification) - confirmed by DW
Liddell vs Ortiz III - rumoured to be at 115 or 116
W Silva vs Akiyama - confirmed by Silva
Bonner vs Soszynski - confirmed by Bonner

Shaping up nicely so far!

MrStuffins Registered User

DrPhilG said:

This fight is now Liddell v Franklin at UFN 22 according to some reports.

YouSavedMyLife Registered User

Liddell v Ortiz? Do we really need to see LIDL decimate Ortiz again? Silva v Akiyama should be a fun fight as will the Bonnar one. Dont really care for the Lesnar fight to be honest. Only gonna watch it to hopefully see Lesnar lose

YouSavedMyLife said:
Liddell v Ortiz? Do we really need to see LIDL decimate Ortiz again? Silva v Akiyama should be a fun fight as will the Bonnar one. Dont really care for the Lesnar fight to be honest. Only gonna watch it to hopefully see Lesnar lose

Really?

1 person has thanked this post
DrPhilG Registered User

MrStuffins said:
This fight is now Liddell v Franklin at UFN 22 according to some reports.

That was after rumours of Ortiz pulling out during filming of TUF but it's been denied by Ortiz and Dana White. DW even said that he was working on Franklin vs Randy Couture for 115.

1 person has thanked this post
yourdeadwright Registered User

why the hate for Lesnar,
I think the Chuck v Ortiz fight should be on a fight night, there both never going to be contenders again, but i can see why there is hype,

davmol Registered User

DrPhilG said:
Lesnar vs Carwin (HW title unification) - confirmed by DW
W Silva vs Akiyama - confirmed by Silva
Bonner vs Soszynski - confirmed by Bonner

Shaping up nicely so far!

Are the UFC stuck for scraps with the repeats and repeat of a repeat of Liddel and ortiz.
I didnt think bonner vs sosyynski was that good of a match initially to warrant a rematch

davmol said:
Are the UFC stuck for scraps with the repeats and repeat of a repeat of Liddel and ortiz.
I didnt think bonner vs sosyynski was that good of a match initially to warrant a rematch

It was the way in which it ended that warrants the rematch

AARRRGH Banned

YouSavedMyLife said:

Well if he only destroys 10% of him Ortiz has a good chance of winning.

ginoginelli Registered User

I hope it turns out better than that. This is supposed to be their marquee event.

ginoginelli said:
I hope it turns out better than that. This is supposed to be their marquee event.

I suspect another big fight here.

Title fights in LW, WW and MW are possible given the timescale.

ginoginelli Registered User

MrStuffins said:
I suspect another big fight here.

Title fights in LW, WW and MW are possible given the timescale.

Hope so. An Anderson 205 bout with a game opponent would really beef up that card.

Maybe throw fitch alves or fitch kos on it too.

sonic.trip Registered User

Why the hell do we need to see soszynki (given up pn spelling that at this stage) beat bonnar again?

Fromvert Registered User

sonic.trip said:
Why the hell do we need to see soszynki (given up pn spelling that at this stage) beat bonnar again?

I dont know whether you are rolling your eyes at the thought of this fight or at the above poster. It's hard to tell.

Bonnar deserves a rematch. If a fight goes into the third round and is stopped by a headbutt/groin shot etc, the ref should go to the judges. If he done this it would have been a draw. He didn't and Bonnar lost by TKO, the ref got it completely wrong.

3 people have thanked this post
sonic.trip Registered User

he was all over him in that fight regardless though, cant see him winning the rematch

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!