Shield Trigger Warning!

This is a call for the Spell Czechs forum to be made public/read-only in the same way Soccer is. Presently, nobody knows of its existence unless they happen to see the thread in the Feedback. Recently, there has been an upsurge in the number of people asking for access, and this indicates to me that it's time this forum was brought back into the main with Tar.Aldarion at the helm.

Like Soccer, it might not be everyone's cup of tea, which is why I propose the forum be made read-only to all, with a separate sub-forum requesting access and agreeing to abide by the rules. If people like what they see, they can request access. If people don't like it, no harm done - move on.

At least that way the forum will have a chance to grow, and who knows, it might be of benefit to those with literacy issues.

+1 from me for Spell Czechs to be made public/read-only with a sub-forum for requests for write access.

Zaph Millionaire Oppressor

From what I can remember there's a good reason for it being private.

Shield Trigger Warning!

Things can change. It should at least get a second chance with charter amendments if necessary.

Zaph Millionaire Oppressor

If I'm right, and I'm fairly sure I am, it'll be staying private.

sceptre Registered User

edit: the following isn't intended to be slap-happy heavy-handed by the way, I'm really asking if the cart and the horse are moving as one unit without even questioning which is dragging which.

Two obvious questions:

What does the forum mod think about this proposal? (corollary: did you ask the forum mod?)

What do the forum regulars/members think about this proposal? (corollary: did you ask the forum members?)

Given that it's a hosted community forum, without those two questions being answered it's mere flag-flying I'm afraid (no offence intended but that's its actual worth), even before considering Zaph's point.

Shield Trigger Warning!

1. The forum mod is all for it. I asked him what he thought before I posted the suggestion here to get thoughts and ideas, and I posted the thread with his approval.

2. I haven't put the idea to the members at all because I don't feel it's not my place to. I'm not the forum mod. If the suggestion gets support, then I think it would be the mod's job to point this thread out to the members, and let them discuss the outcome.

I am very well aware the forum has a past. If I'm not mistaken, it's not the only one, but yet others have been pardoned of their previous transgressions and given a clean slate.

By the looks of things, this one won't even get a chance at a second chance.

1 person has thanked this post
Tar.Aldarion /flails limbs

Zaph said:
From what I can remember there's a good reason for it being private.

The reasons it are private are easily changed.
sceptre said:
edit: the following isn't intended to be slap-happy heavy-handed by the way, I'm really asking if the cart and the horse are moving as one unit without even questioning which is dragging which.

Two obvious questions:

What does the forum mod think about this proposal? (corollary: did you ask the forum mod?)

What do the forum regulars/members think about this proposal? (corollary: did you ask the forum members?)

Given that it's a hosted community forum, without those two questions being answered it's mere flag-flying I'm afraid (no offence intended but that's its actual worth), even before considering Zaph's point.

I'm grand with it, private fora are too quiet, as nobody hears about them. I'm going to ask in the forum and see what they think.

Why is it private its only a grammer forum???

Because they correct and disects people's posts quoting them in the forum.

There were a total of three posts that did that in all of 2009. Not much of an interest in it. I have talked to Zaph about a remedy via PM and also have asked the forum members opinions. Will reply in more depth after I get some more views. Now back to writing another thesis. :/

Orion My karma just ran over your dogma

Tar.Aldarion said:
The reasons it are private are easily changed.

The reasons it is private ...

25 people have thanked this post

¬_¬

Shield Trigger Warning!

Fair and square Tar... fair and square.......

I would keep an eye on that second ellipsis, it seems to have run away with itself.

7 people have thanked this post
Shield Trigger Warning!

¬_¬

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!