blastman Registered User

Is there any chance in the current climate of work-to-rules and go-slow(er)s, that they would actually answer the phone? Although it's now the closest office, it's not exactly easy to get to and the query I have would probably take all of ten seconds to answer.

Eoineo Registered User

That would be an emphatic no.

Nothing that the benefits board can't help you with?

Frank Spencer Registered User

blastman said:
Is there any chance in the current climate of work-to-rules and go-slow(er)s, that they would actually answer the phone? Although it's now the closest office, it's not exactly easy to get to and the query I have would probably take all of ten seconds to answer.

I had the same problem so I rang the Ballymun office and they were able to help me with my query. Worth a shot!

Rushwan Registered User

Phone revenue query line 1890 66 22 44. They are generally very good for answering the phones and are very helpful, worked for me.

tatli_lokma Registered User

they never answered the phones before the work to rule, so I would say you have bugger all chance of getting an answer now!
sorry!

1 person has thanked this post
Rushwan Registered User

Worth a try! As I say, worked for me recently!

anthony.mccoy Registered User

The best solution to the problem of social welfare offices not answering the phone is to keep re-dialing again and again until it drives them crackers and they have no option but to answer. I have been trying to get through for weeks. Today I decided to keep re-dialing and hey presto - 13 attempts later somebody answered! If everybody does this than they will realise that the best thing to do for their own sanity, is to answer the phone when it rings - which after all is what we pay them to do.

DixiDee Registered User

I used tel no 1890 22 55 77 and got through direct to Coolock, It was a couple of mths ago though and they answered straight away and were suprisingly helpful, worth a try

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!