#1

I think a good idea for a thread for all the different models out there.

I used to know the VW one, it is something like press the trip button with the ignition off. Turn on ignition, release button, press again and turn the clock adjuster to the right.

Someone will probably set me right now!

Anyway, if you know of the proper sequence for any model please put them up in this thread

1 person has thanked this post
Owen Registered User
#2

Woo, this thread will keep me busy for a while.

Rover 75

On a Rover 75, you need to short pin's 4 and 8 on the ODB port for about 4 seconds to reset the basic oil change. About 15 seconds for the Inspection.

I'll root out the MINI/BMW service resets soon. Have them in a file here somwhere.

2 people have thanked this post
Captain Slow IRL Registered User
#3

BMW 3 series (E90/1/2/3), 1 series (E81/2):
(With all doors closed)
Turn ignition on, engine not running. Wait until check control warnings go out in instrument cluster. Hold down trip reset button (left of instrument cluster) for about 10 seconds, a yellow exclamation mark inside a triangle should illuminate and then the service items will be displated on the instrument cluster.
When service item is illuminated in cluster, push "BC" button on end of indicator stalk and "Reset?" shold illuminate - release and hold to bring up rotating clock symbol in cluster. "Reset" then flashes to confirm - use the up/down slider on the indicator stalk to select different service items.

BMW 5 series (E60/1):
(With all doors closed)
Identical to procedure above, use trip reset button on cluster instead of "BC" button on indicator stalk.

The above procedures should work for any of the new BMW's that feature "CBS" or Condition Based Servicing not mentioned here - if one procedure doesn't work the other will.

4 people have thanked this post
Owen Registered User
#4

That e90 routine also works with the R55/56/57 MINIs, or in otherwords, Hatchs from 2006, Clubman from 2007, and Convertible from 2008 onwards. It should theoretically also work with the new Countryman too.

#5

I forgot the Renault Trafic.

Ignition on, press throttle fully to the floor, then press the brake pedal 3 times. Throttle to kept pressed down as brake is pressed.

Don't know if this works on the Vivaro/Primastar as well or other Renaults

Captain Slow IRL Registered User
#6

PaintDoctor said:
That e90 routine also works with the R55/56/57 MINIs, or in otherwords, Hatchs from 2006, Clubman from 2007, and Convertible from 2008 onwards. It should theoretically also work with the new Countryman too.


The only thing is that 2 little people appear on the cbs display - you have to push the "BC" button on the indicator stalk to get rid of them before you reset the service lights - it won't work otherwise.

Captain Slow IRL Registered User
#7

BMW 3 series (E46), 5 series (E39), X5 (E53) and Mini (R50/2/3):
Press and hold the trip button (left of instrument cluster) and turn key to position 1. Watch for RESET to appear. Release the button, then press & hold it again. Wait for the RESET to flash. Release the button, and then press & release (do not hold down). Service interval should then be reset to next interval.

Brake fluid is also overlooked - to check when it's due, push the right-hand button on the cluster when the service information is displayed, just after you turn the ignition on. If the brake fluid is due, replace fluid and repeat above procedure to reset indicator.

1 person has thanked this post
Bonito Banned
#8

Peugeot - 106, 206, 307, 406, 607, 807.

AFAIR This works on above models from 99-00 and onwards.

With engine off hold on trip button, turn key and you'll see a + over a - sign with a 0 beside it. Turning again a countdown timer starts from 10. When timer hits 0 start the engine and the service light is reset.

1 person has thanked this post
Hellrazer Moderator
#9

Most Volvos up to 06.

Most models up to 2001
-Ignition position I
-Press and hold in the reset button for the trip odometer
-Ignition position II
-The SRI starts flashing when the reset button for the trip odometer has been pressed for 10 seconds.
-Release the reset button for the odometer within 5 seconds. The instrument gives an audible signal when resetting has succeeded.


2001 onwards.
-Ignition position I
-Press and hold in the reset button for the trip odometer
-Ignition position II
Note! Turn the key to position II within 2 seconds
-Hold the reset button for the trip meter pressed in until the original value has been reset
Note! For all vehicles 2003 model year a general yellow lamp will light when the reset button must be released.
-Release the reset button for the trip odometer within 4 seconds. The instrument gives an audible signal when restting has succeeded.
-If the trip meter is already reset the reset button should be held in for a minimum of 10 seconds and a maximum of 14 seconds.


After 06--needs an OBD tool that will reset Volvos.

3 people have thanked this post
Buford T Justice Registered User
#10

Audi A4 B5 Model 1995 - 2002

This is the procedure to reset service and oil message:
on the instrument board we will call the left button #1 and the right one # 2.
-press button 2(right and switch on the ignition while keeping the button pressed,the display will show you "oil service
-release button 2 and PULL(not push) button one tll that you will se cleared oil service
-press again button 2 to display service message
-release button 2 and PULL button one until message is cleared
-switch off ignition key
-done

patrickc Registered User
#11

i know on the 00 Opel/Vauxhall astra and a 05 one, so presume all are the same its just hold the reset trip button, turn key to position one, keep holding button and the INSP light should flash to say it's been reset.

voila start car

patrickc Registered User
#12

Hellrazer said:
Most Volvos up to 06.

Most models up to 2001
-Ignition position I
-Press and hold in the reset button for the trip odometer
-Ignition position II
-The SRI starts flashing when the reset button for the trip odometer has been pressed for 10 seconds.
-Release the reset button for the odometer within 5 seconds. The instrument gives an audible signal when resetting has succeeded.


2001 onwards.
-Ignition position I
-Press and hold in the reset button for the trip odometer
-Ignition position II
Note! Turn the key to position II within 2 seconds
-Hold the reset button for the trip meter pressed in until the original value has been reset
Note! For all vehicles 2003 model year a general yellow lamp will light when the reset button must be released.
-Release the reset button for the trip odometer within 4 seconds. The instrument gives an audible signal when restting has succeeded.
-If the trip meter is already reset the reset button should be held in for a minimum of 10 seconds and a maximum of 14 seconds.


After 06--needs an OBD tool that will reset Volvos.


AFAIK the 97-98 S40 needs a tool to do it, but as above works with my 01 S40.

Hellrazer Moderator
#13

patrickc said:
AFAIK the 97-98 S40 needs a tool to do it, but as above works with my 01 S40.



Nope 97-98 is as above.

01 S40 is the same model as a 97/98.No major facelift in the S40 from 97 up to 2004.

Plug Registered User
#14

New Transits and Ford cars(some)

Hold down accelerator and brake with ignition on for about 30 seconds and you will see the spanner flashing. Then leave go and thats that.

Gary ITR Registered User
#15

MK5 Golf (once it's not on longlife)

Is Switch Ignition off
Press and hold the 'reset trip(0.0)' button
Switch ignition on
Release the button
Then press the 'min' button

And hey presto. For longlife you need to use Vagcom or other.

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!