Great to see some restaurants in Waterford doing the basics so well - food and service. Great for the city to see so many good reviews.

1 person has thanked this post

Yep, seems Flame has improved itself dramatically which is great and fair play to them

CardBordWindow Registered User

I've been in Sabai a bit recently, collecting food. Every time I've gone in, it's always been packed. Great to see it.
The food was gorgeous too. Have yet to have a bad meal from there.

gears Registered User

Not the most exciting request but we enjoy Fajitas from time to time, can anyone recommend some where in town that does them?

Our own ones in Revolution are good, tbh I haven't had them anywhere else so can't comment, not even sure where else does them, in the traditional sense anyway!

i.e.

Give you, Tortilla wraps, dips, sizzling platter with meat and veg and let you make the to your own preference.

The revolution fajitas are excellent.

wmpdd3 Registered User

We really need a Mexican, of for Revolution to do more Mexican food...

deisemum Registered User

I went with 3 friends to Flame tonight and it was lovely. Service was very friendly and helpful, food was lovely and good value. We'll definitely be going back again.

Junior Registered User

Went Sunday to Caseys, brought out the wrong starter for my wife, then her main course had I would say luke warm mash potatoes. It seemed as if they just nuked the food after it was returned as the rest of the veg's suffered when it was brought back out. It wasn't a great experience, won't be returning. Sadly.

I was in the Gingerman for Sunday lunch, have been in there a few times for the food as it is handy if your strolling around town... I am very impressed with the food in their... of what ive got in their in the past Ive never left disappointed, or hungry, had lasagna on sunday and it was so nice, main courses only about a tenner each, and the crepes desert with toffee was top notch....... their stir fry is top class, and the bangers and mash are soooooo nice

Sully Moderator

calvin_zola said:
I was in the Gingerman for Sunday lunch, have been in there a few times for the food as it is handy if your strolling around town... I am very impressed with the food in their... of what ive got in their in the past Ive never left disappointed, or hungry, had lasagna on sunday and it was so nice, main courses only about a tenner each, and the crepes desert with toffee was top notch....... their stir fry is top class, and the bangers and mash are soooooo nice

Yup lovely place to eat. Very friendly staff also. A little on the pricey side, but food is gorgeous.

Smile12 Registered User

sorry lads but could anyone tell me the opening hours for costa coffee shop on waterford beside penneys please

iseegirls Registered User

In La Taverna few days ago since it's little revamp. There is an extra table downstairs after taking away that trellis thing beside the door.

The menu has changed a small bit, with some prices changing, but I couldn't remember the prices before, but I got a lovely spaghetti with bacon, egg, parmesan and black pepper for 9.50 at lunch time. And i think it was around 11euro on old menu.

I liked that they had the half pizzas on wooden boards before, but I see that they are now on plates.

They also have no menu outside now - just a blackboard of offers. How are people supposed to know what food they serve if there's no proper menu? Now this was only for lunch. Maybe they put out a menu for evening time but I don't pass then.

JPA Registered User

Are restaurants generally busy on Patrick's Day?

Nas10 Registered User

Smile12 said:
sorry lads but could anyone tell me the opening hours for costa coffee shop on waterford beside penneys please

Same as shop hours so 9-6 monday to saturday and till 9 on friday, not sure of sundays though.

Bit annoying really as you really need to work in near town to get a coffee, and a nice evening stroll through town and the decent coffee shop is shut.

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!