• Yes (43.75%)
  • No (25%)
  • I dont care (12.5%)
  • I am not well enough educated on the matter (18.75%)
grrrrrrrrrr Registered User

Hey guys,

The last thread was closed due to lack of debate and this was a major arguement on the last one(for a while)

Ye all seemed to have a different view on what the church thought but what is the official line on it??

Just wondering!

grrrrrrrrrr said:
Hey guys,

The last thread was closed due to lack of debate and this was a major arguement on the last one(for a while)

Ye all seemed to have a different view on what the church thought but what is the official line on it??

Just wondering!

Which church? Catholic?

Soul Winner Registered User

Fanny Cradock Registered User

grrrrrrrrrr said:
Hey guys,

Just wondering!

You mean the RCC?

The official stance of the RCC is that it accepts evolution, albeit theistic evolution (which amounts to the same thing).

TokenWhite Registered User

Pretty sure that the vatican has gone on record a few times to say that darwinian evolution does not contradict its teachings so this would suggest that the church accepts its validity. I wouldn't be to sure how they would reconcile it with literal biblical teachings but they obviously they do. Wether its a legitimate reconcilliation though I can't really comment.

From my experience I would say it definately does not activily promote it but its generally a well accepted step by step process of how we came to be. I'm not sure what part the church believes god plays in evolution, probably something along the lines of putting in place the laws that would allow it to happen, although then again I doubt if they know themselves. I would imagine its as much 'educated' guessing for them as anyone else

grrrrrrrrrr said:
Hey guys,

Just wondering!

The official Roman Catholic Church position is that evolution is a well supported scientific theory that is not in conflict with faith in the Bible.

Unlike Christian Creationsts, The Roman Catholic Church has not held to a literal reading of Genesis since before Darwin (geology and other sciences ruled out a 6,000 year old universe long before Darwin).

The only issue for the RCC was the effect of evolution on the concept of original sin which has been resolved.

As for promoting evolution, I'm not sure that is the job of the RCC. IMO, it is sufficient that they take a positive stance on it.

Fanny Cradock said:
As for promoting evolution, I'm not sure that is the job of the RCC. IMO, it is sufficient that they take a positive stance on it.

They teach it in their schools, I guess that could be considered promoting.

Those brainwashing bastards

1 person has thanked this post

Wicknight said:

Those brainwashing bastards

Destroy all religion!

PDN said:
Which church? Catholic?

No the buddist african church! hence why i post in the Christianity forum!

Fanny Cradock said:
You mean the RCC?

The official stance of the RCC is that it accepts evolution, albeit theistic evolution (which amounts to the same thing).

it does not accept it, trust a protestant to qoute from wikipedia and call it ''official''

Nowhere in faith and morals are we taught the erroneous theory of evolution, they said that its ok to believe in the ''possibility'' of theistic evolution but thats it, to remember that its only a theory.

in the wiki you provided they attempt to say that St.Augustine accepted it, it just goes to show people love to take eisigesis on just about anything.

grrrrrrr on this subject you can neither trust Catholic or protestant or Orthodox on this because a lot of them believe in it.

take a look at www.scripturecatholic.com and look through the evolution section and watch John Salzas debates on it too.

I havnt time to go through it again and again and again, as soul winner posted ZZZZZ is all I can say.

God bless and take care
Stephen.

grrrrrrrrrr said:
No the buddist african church! hence why i post in the Christianity forum!

A lot of us who post here belong to other churches rather than Catholicism.

PDN said:
A lot of us who post here belong to other churches rather than Catholicism.

apologies

Stephentlig said:
it does not accept it, trust a protestant to qoute from wikipedia and call it ''official''

I'm not protestant. I wonder did you actually read the Wiki article or have you just dismissed it out of hand?

BTW, John Salzas believes in geocentricism. Nuff said.

Fanny Cradock said:
I'm not protestant. I wonder did you actually read the Wiki article or have you just dismissed it out of hand?

BTW, John Salzas believes in geocentricism. Nuff said.

So what is the churchs view? the RCC that is??

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!