ryderster Registered User

Okay,

sam, i should really sit down with you, next week and see is there anything else i need to know about your service

Right its only a setting on text box which is set to 160 characters... is there any max limit???

Regarding the other requests:

- Automatic clearing of the Text Message field when you tap it (instead of pressing clear).
-->not sure about this one, could be a little dangerous... but could put it in a settings file possible.

- Auto Capitalisation of a new sentence and automatic grammar like Android has (e.g ill to I'll / dont to don't / recieve to receive)
-->Yes this is something ill do, its only a text field parameters as far as I know.

- Outbox, Sent, Drafts and History option.
--> Okay, yes I'll do this but involves a little bit of work, so will put it on the list.

- Ability to send past the 160 character limit (like in all the other Cabbage versions).
--> Text field parameters, wasnt aware that sam vines server could handle over 160 characters, its my over sight, sorry.

regards,
ryderster

Sam Vimes Registered User

ryderster said:

Right its only a setting on text box which is set to 160 characters... is there any max limit???

No, you can send as much as you want and the server chops it up into 160 character chunks (or 1000 characters for O2)
ryderster said:

Regarding the other requests:

- Automatic clearing of the Text Message field when you tap it (instead of pressing clear).
-->not sure about this one, could be a little dangerous... but could put it in a settings file possible.

Only have it clear if it has specific text in the message box

Tipperarymike Registered User

and cabbage is the first one I have downloaded. This nexus one really is a tidy piece of tech.

However let me just say how fantastic this cabbage app is. My gratitude to the lads who created it and fair play on your skills. Is there somewhere to donate a few quid to whoever did this work. Doesnt seem right that it is free. I know apps aint really expensive anyway but all the same...

tallus Caveat Emptor

Hi Lads,

Just tried to download cabbage for Android and the link appears to be dead...

Any takers ?

You should be able to get it on the android market. If you can't find it I can get you a link when I get home

1 person has thanked this post
tallus Caveat Emptor

Sam Vimes said:
You should be able to get it on the android market. If you can't find it I can get you a link when I get home

Cheers Sam Vimes, I logged onto the market and downloaded it earlier. It's my first day using Android so still finding my way around it.

Kudos! it's a great bit of software!

tallus said:
Cheers Sam Vimes, I logged onto the market and downloaded it earlier. It's my first day using Android so still finding my way around it.

Kudos! it's a great bit of software!

I didn't write it, rydster did

It uses my scripts in the background though

Ludo Registered User

Any chance of making this available for the tattoo? It doesn't appear on my Market. I assume it is not set to support QVGA.

You can download it here: http://78.153.209.186/cabbage/Cabbage.apk

Let me know if it works on the tattoo would you?

Ludo Registered User

Thanks...Seems to work fine on the tattoo. Nice job.

Hi guys,
Just fixed a few of the bugs.
Can any one test this on android 1.5 or 1.6 or 2.0..

The fix for the filtering the address book to only use the phone number contacts MAY only work on android 2.1 and would like to confirm it works before putting it up on the market place.

bugs fixed:

- Auto Capitalisation of a new sentence and automatic grammar like Android has (e.g ill to I'll / dont to don't / recieve to receive)

- Ability to send past the 160 character limit (like in all the other Cabbage versions).

- Error message removing sms message text

it can be downloaded for test from:
http://78.153.209.186/cabbage/CabbageV1_08.apk

ryderster

3 people have thanked this post

The link's not working for me

Mr E Administrator

If you remove the filename from the URL, you can see there is a file called Cabbage.apk (http://78.153.209.186/cabbage/Cabbage.apk). The datestamp is last Friday though....

Sorry that link should work now, file permission issue.
Sorry

Mr E Administrator

"The application Cabbage (process com.cabbagetexter.android.cabbage) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again. (force close)"

Tried uninstalling the older version first.
Any ideas?

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!