Works great.... nice job by your friend, Sam.
A couple of issues he might look at for the next version:
1. I have my numbers stored as +353 (87) 1234567. If I select a number from my list (with this format), it says that "Info: Looks like you have no credit remaining....". If I put it in as 0871234567 it works fine.
2. On the contact lookup, it is showing all contacts (thousands of them from my years using gmail, and only 150 of them have phone numbers). Any way to automatically filter the list to show those with numbers only?
I'll have to tell him to change that error. That's the equivalent of the "unexpected response format" error you'd get on Cabbage. It means that the vodafone website didn't gives the expected page and I think I know why this is happening, he needs to url encode the phone numbers. I'll let him know, or just point him to this thread
That's one for him again
Yes it was. I think you can guess who from his username ryderster
It was updated today, but my bugs weren't fixed.
On the plus side, the error message is better.
Only partially works on the Nexus One for me. I can send a text if i manually type in the phone number but trying to choose a contact doesnt populate the field with a name or number. Also, some contacts appear multiple times in the list even though they're really only there once.
Its a bit annoying that it puts the error in the text entry box too (so if you typed a long message and there is an error, you lose it).
I'm just going to tell him to subscribe to this thread
i warned him this would happen
I've been using the web based version of cabbage on the hero for the last while. The best thing about it is that you can add to your own little phone book your most contacted people, cause i'd only regurlarly text about 10/15 people on my phone.
If there could be a button to bring up your most contacted people, even if they were only ten spaces i think this program would be perfect, save having to search through the whole phone book every time trying to send a message.
Purely for this reason i'm sticking to the web based version. Still great program tho!
Great app. So handy that I dont really need to carry an Irish and UK phone with me!
ill try fix your issues this weekend,
- the error message removing your message will be fixed tomorrow.
- the contact list issue, currently i am reading in all the contact stored on your phone, ill create a list to read only ones available with phones numbers tomorrow too
- and ill try pick up frequently send sms numbers if i can otherwise i may use frequent called numbers??
- if you want anything fixed i am available on gtalk @ email@example.com or on mail.
Android has its own filter for phone contacts. Can that be used? I have thousands of contacts on my phone, but the Contacts/People screen only shows ones with phone numbers...
yes ur right, but as far as i can see you have filter it for numbers; this is done by creating a object which stores names with numbers. well that was the way before they introduced the new sdk update anyway.
ill have a good look into it the weekend, but it should be quite straight forward.
Something like that'd be sweet. If you can't pick out that info I'd suggest even manually inputting numbers to the program (if even possible) for people you text the most. I'd just find it easier to scroll through the ten or so people I text rather than having to look through all my contacts.
Tis great that your looking for feed back btw, keep up the good work
@ Ryderster - thank you for the application. A few requests please.
- Automatic clearing of the Text Message field when you tap it (instead of pressing clear).
- Auto Capitalisation of a new sentence and automatic grammar like Android has (e.g ill to I'll / dont to don't / recieve to receive)
- Outbox, Sent, Drafts and History option.
- Ability to send past the 160 character limit (like in all the other Cabbage versions).
Other than that, it works brilliantly, simple and effective.
There should be no need to limit it to 160 characters, the scripts on my server support long messages.
Exactly, the app itself only allows 160 (double checked there, typing 160 characters takes its toll when it's not by means of a normal text message)