bonzer1again Registered User

All,
I've been looking to buy the Samsung UE40B7020, and obviously I've shopped around on the internet....my problem is this all the shops that are selling it cheap (relatively cheap) don't or won't ship to Ireland.
for example Amazon don't....and there it would have cost around €1200 (which is my budget)...if they delivered....Pixmania will deliver for €1400 as will a few others for around €1400 but at those prices I'd be better buying it from my local shop...so if there are any retailers that will ship to Ireland please let me know!

FK_10 Registered User

You should try komplett.ie, they ship to Ireland and have a good range.

Had a look, Thanks....just my luck they don't have the TV I'm after...any other sites?

TheBigEvil Registered User

Try http://www.direct-tvs.co.uk/

I Used them a year ago and bought two 32" tvs a Sony for myself and Samsung for the Father in law.

Good service, prompt delivery, no issues whatsoever. Both TVs still running fine today, and saved quite a few hundred on both TVs compared to thier highstreet price here.

They give an indicative price in EUR, and shipping was only 40-50 extra if I remember correctly.

Chiron Registered User

re: Direct-Tvs above, if you call the number provided for the ROI you can haggle and get another few €'s off!

Thanks Everyone!! TV-Direct gave a good quote....waiting to hear back from richersounds.ie too, in order to compare

1 person has thanked this post
Dr.TV Registered User

Check out Pixmania.ie. My TV i bought 2 weeks ago (Samsung LE46B620) Is cheaper on pixmania than directtv's.co.uk. Thats before the bank rip the crap out of your credit card for buying non euro amd give you a crap sterling rate.

cnocbui Registered User

I bought a 50" Panasonic plasma on eBay, from a UK seller and they did a brilliant job of shipping it to me.

It was on it's own pallet, strapped upright and then entombed in sticky black plastic like they use to wrap bales, thus further securing it and making it waterproof.

The seller was entertainmentxclusive

Shipping was about £119, which was very reasonable. I had quotes of over £300 and that was just to Dublin and no further.

That seller does not have the set you are looking for, but they do have a Panasonic TX-P50G10 Plasma for £999. This is the model with the inbuilt Freesat HD receiver and glowing reviews.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/PANASONIC-TX-P50G10-600Hz-FULL-HD-1080p-TXP50G10-PLASMA_W0QQitemZ200417278827QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_AudioTVElectronics_Video_Televisions?hash=item2ea9ccfb6b

bealfeirste5 Registered User

Have you had a look at currys.co.uk?

Ninjakettle Registered User

richersounds.com They have a presence on this forum and offer discounts to forum members. Basic procedure is to browse the UK site and then contact the irish branch and they'll do a decent rate £ to € conversion for you.

MAJJ Registered User

+ 1 for richersounds, they will price match too. Also they are involved with the Philips shop in Dublin too and their TVs are winning many awards currently.

Ninjakettle said:
richersounds.com They have a presence on this forum and offer discounts to forum members. Basic procedure is to browse the UK site and then contact the irish branch and they'll do a decent rate £ to € conversion for you.

aidannulty Registered User

i bought a samsung le46a856 tv from here this time last year inc shipping it cost €1200. the same tv in harvey norman was over €2000. The tv is excellent but the shipping took over a week.

yop Moderator

aidannulty said:
i bought a samsung le46a856 tv from here this time last year inc shipping it cost €1200. the same tv in harvey norman was over €2000. The tv is excellent but the shipping took over a week.

Where is here?? RicherSounds.ie?

aidannulty Registered User

sorry for delay in replying. www.1staudiovisual.co.uk

jony_dols Registered User

bonzer1again said:
All,
I've been looking to buy the Samsung UE40B7020, and obviously I've shopped around on the internet....my problem is this all the shops that are selling it cheap (relatively cheap) don't or won't ship to Ireland.
for example Amazon don't....and there it would have cost around €1200 (which is my budget)...if they delivered....Pixmania will deliver for €1400 as will a few others for around €1400 but at those prices I'd be better buying it from my local shop...so if there are any retailers that will ship to Ireland please let me know!

Use a US price comparison site such as Bizrate.com to find the TV model that you are looking for.

However none of them deliver to Ireland. Don't fear though, because there is an unbelievable service provided by bundlebox.com, they give you an address for their US warehouse (in which you use to buy the TV), and because they have a deal with FedEX, they provide very cheap shipping & they pay the import duties & VAT on the TV for you.

The 3D TV in which bought using this method costs 2200 euro in Harvey Norman. I bought the exact same TV, brand new including Shipment & Import duties icl. VAT (and I got a free wall mount worth $149) for 1475 euro!

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!