nutmeg101 Registered User

We will be 1 night in Bangkok in January. Where to stay? what to do? any suggestions?

Gillington Registered User

Depends where you are going afterwards and if you need to be near the airport? Touristy areas are Khoa San Road,as much of a non-insight into Thailand it is,it has to be visited.

Ponster Moderator

The bars are temples but the pearls ain't free
You'll find a god in every golden cloister

p.s. And if you're lucky then the god's a she

1 person has thanked this post
Fratton Fred Registered User

I'd say Pat Pong.

OK, it is a seedy redlight area with all the girlie bars, but there is also a market there and plenty of places to eat. There is also an Irish bar on the edge of it IIRC. Sad I know, but if you have been eating rice for breakfast lunch and dinner for two weeks, scampi and chips makes a welcome change

bob50 Registered User

I agree Pat Pong is a good spot for one / two nights Very friendlylocals

finbarrk Registered User

nutmeg101 said:
We will be 1 night in Bangkok in January. Where to stay? what to do? any suggestions?

Are you male or female?

fluffer Registered User
BigDuffman Registered User

Go to a ping pong show!

Gullivers on Khao San Road, always a great night, don't mess with the ladyboys in there though, seen an Israeli getting bottled in there for insulting one, felt awful for him...

nutmeg101 Registered User

We are a couple, on our way to Koh Samui to get married. Have to stay in Bangkok 1 night to visit the consulate the next morn. We are into going out on the town but not going too mad i guess as we have to do stuff the next day

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!