Hey there

The funny folk over at The Emergency, political satire and homour group have given us 5 copies of their new CD USE DEMOCRACY SENSIBLY to give away.

“Twas the night before Xmas, and all through Leinster House, not a creature was stirring, for they were all soused….” The Emergency presents their version of A Christmas Carol, where acting Taoiseach Brian Cowen is visited by three spirits – the Ghosts of Government Past, Present, and Yet To Be.

Featuring material from the PPI award winning first season broadcast on Newstalk 106 – 108FM as well as brand new sketches, bonus tracks and the new carol for the season A TDs’ Xmas Song.

Use Democracy Sensibly is written and performed by The Emergency - Morgan C Jones, Eoin Byrne, Joe Taylor, Dermot Carmody, Karen Ardiff and Nick McGiveny.

I've heard these guys perform and have been listening to the CD I got - it's very funny. Any fans of good Irish political satire should love this and it's bound to be a popular sticking filler for the dads.

Anyhow, if you want to be in with a chance, just drop a comment below with your favourite (unintentionally) funny quote by an Irish politician. We'll accept any that aren't "Who'll feed the Gondalas?"

Winners announced next Friday.

Cheers

Darragh

SlimJ Registered User

"You're a WAFFLER. If you'd stop WAFFLING we might get some work done!" - Bertie Digout

slavetothegrind Registered User

"I've had one or two people say: 'Jesus, you're a stunner,' or silly things like that, but it's great because it helps to strike up a conversation."

our inglorious taoiseach.

Dermot2468 Registered User

"However, we must not lose sight of the fact that the fundamentals of the economy are still good." - Bertie

Podge2k7 Registered User

"There is no reason why the Celtic Tiger cannot be an all-island phenomenon. " - Bertie

Healium Registered User

"I believe in Science, this government is in favour of science and believes that science is a good thing."

Noel Treacy, Minister Of Science

thee glitz Registered User

Mary Coughlan on the budget:

"It will be the Cabinet that will decide what day the election will . . ."

eliza64 Registered User

"We have been living away beyond our means." - Charles Haughey

Robbiecousins Registered User

" I was sat closer to him than you are now and I looked at the great President Bush and said to him, I wanted to be sure to be sure and he assured me."
Bertie Ahern on rendition flights in Ireland

"The revelation that Mr Haughey, for his own personal benefit, redirected those [monies collected for Brian Lenihan's liver operation] and other donations intended for the Fianna Fail party, was a matter of grave disappointment for me and for those who worked with him."
Bertie Ahern

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!