I finally have the Q&A I did with Dustin the Turkey yesterday live. Thank you all again for your questions. I do, however, have good news and bad news, boys and girls.

Good news: I got to ask most of your questions and as awful as I was, Dustin is hilarious.

Bad news: It's 25 minutes long which is too long for You Tube, so I've had to embed it on the Boards.ie blog. (I may try cutting it up when I get a chance). Oh, and did I mention I'm brutal?

However, the interview, based on your questions and a bit of a plug for his new DVD and appearance in HMV on Grafton St with Ray D'Arcy tomorrow from 11 can be found over here.

The blog post with video is here.

The direct link to the Vimeo video is here.

In this 25 minute interview he talks about his 12 year project to fix Mrs Murphy's gate, Polish builders, Ray D'arcy ("poncy garden gnome"), Ray's poor mammy (we don't believe a word of it, Mrs D'Arcy!), Anne Doyle's secret tattoo, how he broke away from his image as a sex symbol (his words, not mine), Meath ("it's a kip"), his presidential plans for 2011 ("there's room for a new bird in Áras an Uachtaráin and his name is Dustin"); his views on culchies - especially people from Cork, his friend Eoin Dempsey, going to Krystal with Snotser Galligan, his thoughts on Jedward, on the "brits" Zig and Zag, on Podge and Rodge ("let's face it, they're gingers, you don't want to be seen out with a ginger"), on the Poultry Party, going back on the Late Late Toy Show and meeting Ryan Tubridy, on how he compares himself to Mark Little, the Eurovision ("I was brutal, let's be honest!") and so much more, not to mention his new DVD which he manages to mention a couple of times at least...

I've got a copy of the DVD on my desk for the first person to tell me where Dustin said I got the suit I was wearing was from...

Hope you enjoy. Let me know what yis think. Happy to take any and all criticism. You couldn't do worse than Dustin did

Oh, and here - there's two videos you really should see.

A scrap when Zig and Zag returned from England:

and a kid on the Den who just doesn't get what the game What's Snots is about.

32 people have thanked this post
Basq Registered User

Excellent stuff Darragh.

About to watch now.. never posed a question unfortunately.

EDIT: I'm gonna take a shot in the dark at the suit question and say Lidl.

1 person has thanked this post

basquille said:

EDIT: I'm gonna take a shot at the dark at the suit question and say Lidl.

ROFL!!

Basq Registered User

Darragh said:
ROFL!!

Only 3 minutes through and it hasn't came up yet... but since they were on sale recently, it might have been fresh in his mind!

Daysha Registered User

Guineys!

3 people have thanked this post

Daysha said:
Guineys!

Winner!! Can you PM me your name and address and I'll pop it in the post for you please?

Cheers

Darragh

hellboy99 Registered User

Classic, good stuff Darragh

Daysha Registered User

Darragh said:
Winner!! Can you PM me your name and address and I'll pop it in the post for you please?

Cheers

Darragh

PM Sent

Great interview btw!

Basq Registered User

Daysha said:
Guineys!

Congrats Daysha.

Great fun interview Darragh.. hope to see more of these in the future!

He probably could have talked for another hour at the rate he was going.

Flap flaps = legendary!

2 people have thanked this post
ciaran76 Registered User

Great interview. 25 mins flew through.

Frada Registered User

On Ryan Tubridy:

I know he's still doing the Rose of Tralee...but not the TV show.

Class.

2 people have thanked this post

Frada said:
On Ryan Tubridy...

Walking out of the interview, Niamh said "I found it so hard to keep the camera steady when he said that." and I said "Said what?" - You'll see me reading a lot of the next questions (and trying not to pmsl) while he's talking, so I missed a lot of the subtle ones like that. Just so so funny

Bazzy Registered User

GO ON YA GOOD THING Great interview there Darragh .. dont suppose he has a dvd coming out anytime soon?

Excellent interview Darragh. Fair play.
Keep up the good work.

Basq Registered User

Holy Christ... i'm in bits laughing at that 'What's Snots' clip.

That's going up on my Facebook - classic stuff!

6 people have thanked this post

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!