Ozeire Registered User

Guys

Does anyone know from personal experience if the USB ports on the A380 allow you to play movies off a personal USB stick.

If so

1. What format do the movies need to in?

2. Where on the menu do you choose your usb stick movies?

Thanks

Alan

danindublin Registered User

Ozeire said:
Guys

Does anyone know from personal experience if the USB ports on the A380 allow you to play movies off a personal USB stick.

If so

1. What format do the movies need to in?

2. Where on the menu do you choose your usb stick movies?

Thanks

Alan

I be no expert Alan, but I'm assuming these ports are for charging only. It would leave the IFE devices open to all sorts of virus' if they were reading movies off memory sticks!

1 person has thanked this post
Danbo! Registered User
4 people have thanked this post
pclancy Moderator

I don't remember the exact menu options but I think on Singapore Airlines' A380 I was on you could use it to view photos or possibly documents using the Krisworld software. I don't think playing movies was an option but I didnt have a USB key to hand to test it with. There was power in the economy seats for laptops via the Euro plug.

There are so many movies, TV shows and games that I doubt you'd be bored with what's on offer.

Owen Registered User

I was on Emirates A380 in April, the USB port is for photos and docs. It can't be used for charging IIRC, as the port only receives power when in that mode.

If you think about all the various file formats and codecs, Airbus would have to update the players firmware every few months to cope with it, or the files wouldn't be playable.

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!