Over the years i heard Murray was a very difficult actor to work with, what's your take on him?

Outkast_IRE Registered User

I like him as an actor iv heard he has his moments but other than that seems like a normal enough guy.

frag420 Registered User

Dunno never worked with the guy

17 people have thanked this post

Is Bill Murray an asshole?

Probably.

If he wasnt he wouldnt be so ridiculously watchable in every movie Ive ever seen him in.

Bill Murray kicks ass.

4 people have thanked this post
Meeja Ireland Registered User

Richard Dower said:
Over the years i heard Murray was a very difficult actor to work with, what's your take on him?

I tiled a pub toilet with him in Carlow, and he kept stealing the luncheon sausage out of my sandwich. That being said, he's good at grouting.

6 people have thanked this post
johnny_ultimate Production Model EVA-02

nedtheshed said:
Is Bill Murray an asshole?

Probably.

If he wasnt he wouldnt be so ridiculously watchable in every movie Ive ever seen him in.

Bill Murray kicks ass.

Indeed. It is okay to be an asshole once you are an hilarious, kick-ass asshole.
Spoiler (Show)

Basq Registered User

Who gives a rats ass if he is.

The guy is a living legend.

6 people have thanked this post
irish_bob Registered User

he could well be an a-hole but i still love the guy

bruce willis is generally accepted as being an asshole , not only am i ok with this , i actually like the idea and think this is as it should be when it comes to bruce

sugarman Registered User

A friend of a friend() was getting the tube in london a few months back, was going down the escalator as you do and she spots who she thinks looks like the man himself coming up the escalator parallel to hers.

Herself says it to her mate and they're like nahhh... it cant be, it's just some aul geezer etc etc.. but as he got closer and closer they noticed it actually was him and he'd took notice of the girls staring him out it (nobody else had batted an eye lid at him) so as he passed the girls on the escalator he leaned over giving a 'come here finger' and whispers "Nobody will ever believe you!", laughs to himself and on he went!

So no

12 people have thanked this post
grafter12 Registered User

I've worked with him (well indirectly). I work in the games industry and was working on the Ghostbusters game where we were using the voices of the original actors for it, which of course BM was one. We had all of the other actors in the bag and just needed his to finish up the recording session, and it took nearly 3 months to get him, he had to record only 300 lines (which would have taken 3-4 hours to do).

Out of desperation, after 2 months of no shows at the studio, the company even arranged to pay for himself and his brother to fly to Hawaii for a weekends golf trip with no expense spared and to get him into the studio to do his lines between rounds, he agreed to this, then on the morning of the flight he never turned up (whole thing cost over $20K).

So you decided for yourself what you think of him, granted at the time he was going through a divorce... but still.

Basq Registered User

He's bound to be an asshole.. check out this clip of him bowling with Woody Harrellson.

He acts like an utter dick... and on camera.. with people applauding.. and he wears a hair-piece!

Apparently his real name is Ernie McCracken too.

PS - if the guy keeps putting in performances even half as good as "Big Ern", he could start drowning puppies professionally.. and I couldn't care less!

1 person has thanked this post
jaykhunter Moderator

frag420 said:
Dunno never worked with the guy

Agreed.

I love Bill Murray ever since Ghostbusters...his cameo in Zombieland was just awesome.

CliffHuxtabel Registered User

He seemed like such an asshole at the start of that Groundhog day documentary... always so impatient and condescending with everyone.

By the end though he seemed ok, like he had been redeemed or something.

^^

I think its safe to say that the jokes have been done.

Its OK though,you tri...,well,at least you posted.

CliffHuxtabel Registered User

nedtheshed said:
^^

I think its safe to say that the jokes have been done.

Its OK though,you tri...,well,at least you posted.

youre just jealous you didnt come up with it

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!