bvid Registered User
#1

Hi,
I've been trying to access my routers net access settings (I think thats what it's called) to turn wireless off on my UPC broadband.
The router is a Cisco EPC2425 and was issued to me by UPC when I signed up to their service.
I have tried many variations of 192.168.XXX including:

192.168.1.1 (UPC Guide)
192.168.0.1 (Cisco Manual)
192.168.100.1 (Found on a boards.ie post)

Still though I can't access the preferences to the Router.
If it helps anyone i'm on a Mac with 10.5 Leopard.

Thanks.
-bvid

#2

bvid said:
Hi,
I've been trying to access my routers net access settings (I think thats what it's called) to turn wireless off on my UPC broadband.
The router is a Cisco EPC2425 and was issued to me by UPC when I signed up to their service.
I have tried many variations of 192.168.XXX including:

192.168.1.1 (UPC Guide)
192.168.0.1 (Cisco Manual)
192.168.100.1 (Found on a boards.ie post)

Still though I can't access the preferences to the Router.
If it helps anyone i'm on a Mac with 10.5 Leopard.

Thanks.
-bvid


Need to do the same thing myself. Just got UPC broadband ( slightly off topic but so far its amazing ) and need to reset the default wireless key. The router should be available by opening up 192.168.1.1 but for some reason that isnt working. I can telnet to that address on port 80 so it should be working. Any ideas??

bvid Registered User
#3

anbrutog said:
Any ideas??

Sorry but no. In my case I want to access it to turn off the wireless...
I might try and ring UPC tomorrow but their wait times for customer service are horrendous!

Please post if you figure this one out.

-bvid

_Sidhe_ Registered User
#4

Reboot your modem and try again.
It should be 192.168.1.1


It'll ask you for a username and password, and you just leave them blank.


If not you'll hae to ring them I guess.

vibe666 Registered User
#5

on your Mac, if you check the network settings in system properties it should tell you the IP address of your router. on a windows PC is is listed as the default gateway, but i'm pretty sure it's just listed as 'router' in the network settings in OSX.

that's the address you need anyway, it's normally 192.168.1.1 but it can be any one of a number of options depending on how it's been set up. seems unusual that it would be set up differently, but who knows.

bvid Registered User
#6

_Sidhe_ said:
Reboot your modem and try again.
It should be 192.168.1.1


It'll ask you for a username and password, and you just leave them blank.


If not you'll hae to ring them I guess.


Sidhe your a lifesaver! Never thought to reboot the modem. It worked perfect after that. Thanks guys for your input.

-bvid

iMADEtheBBC Registered User
#7

I have found the modem to be flaky in that respect - sometimes it does not respond to the http://192.168.1.1 request and I have to restart it.

Is this typical of this hardware or is it indicative of a different problem I (and the OP) should be investigating ?

horse7 Registered User
#8

Has anyone got the upc one for a thomson modem, the installer said it was 192.168.101

Cushie Butterfield Registered User
#9

horse7 said:
Has anyone got the upc one for a thomson modem, the installer said it was 192.168.101

Try 192.168.0.1 Leave username blank & password is admin

Spudzzmurphy Registered User
#10

Cushie Butterfield said:
Try 192.168.0.1 Leave username blank & password is admin


Have just tried logging in with your instructions,but with no luck.

Dave..M Registered User
#11

Spudzzmurphy said:
Have just tried logging in with your instructions,but with no luck.


If it's the TC 7200 try the same address with admin as both login & password.

Spudzzmurphy Registered User
#12

Dave..M said:
If it's the TC 7200 try the same address with admin as both login & password.


Thanks a lot,that gave me access

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!