The Sparrow Registered User

Lad's I figured this was the place to ask this important question. I'm going out for dinner on Friday for my birthday and I really fancy a decent all you can eat buffet. Especially after hearing all about Jimmy Chungs on Eden Quay as it was where Bernard Dunne had his pre-fight press conference.

So is that the best place or should I be looking elsewhere? All cuisines welcome.

jimi_t Registered User

Nothing even comes close to the Full House on Middle Abbey Street. Just below the Academy. Under a tenner for absolutely all you can eat and the food is excellent quality, even the seafood. Menu changes a good bit, but there's always the likes of black bean, sweet and sour and other standards.

(and believe me, after gorging on malaysian prawns and szechuan mussels 6 months ago on a 2hr+ session, you simply can't get food poisoning in there )

1 person has thanked this post
Degsy Banned

Jimmy Chungs is a great spot,absolutely masses of differnet dishes,all replaced regularly so everything is fresh and delicious.
Was actually only there last sunday on a date and i really cant fault the place,the staff are great and they have a HUGELY well-stocked bar.
Lots of room too so you always get a table.

3 people have thanked this post

the fact that you can pull your own ice cream (like an ice cream van) is reason enough to go to jimmy chungs.
im not a fan of chinese but acting out my childhood dreams made me go there
/now to find a good indian all you can eat

1 person has thanked this post
Degsy Banned

admiralofthefleet said:
the fact that you can pull your own ice cream (like an ice cream van) is reason enough to go to jimmy chungs.
im not a fan of chinese but acting out my childhood dreams made me go there
/now to find a good indian all you can eat

To say nothing of the black forest gateaux you can get there to go with the ice-cream..afaik there's an indian buffet right next door to chungs..i often see an indian girl hustling outside the place..

Degsy said:
To say nothing of the black forest gateaux you can get there to go with the ice-cream..afaik there's an indian buffet right next door to chungs..i often see an indian girl hustling outside the place..

there is but im very hard to please when it comes to indian, everytime i have indian i compare it to the place on richmond street which does the best indian imo

keano_afc Registered User

admiralofthefleet said:
there is but im very hard to please when it comes to indian, everytime i have indian i compare it to the place on richmond street which does the best indian imo

Except when they poisoned the life out of me and left me walking like a cowboy for days.

cgarrad Registered User

admiralofthefleet said:

The best indian is Chandi opp the US Embassy in Ballsbridge....

martingore Registered User

Without a doubt , Full House on Abbey street

Most have very poor quality food.

Chung's is the only decent one around Dublin that I have been in.

jimi_t said:
Nothing even comes close to the Full House on Middle Abbey Street. Just below the Academy. Under a tenner for absolutely all you can eat and the food is excellent quality, even the seafood. Menu changes a good bit, but there's always the likes of black bean, sweet and sour and other standards.

(and believe me, after gorging on malaysian prawns and szechuan mussels 6 months ago on a 2hr+ session, you simply can't get food poisoning in there )

Have always planned on trying this place, never got around to, might try it next Friday, thanks for reminding me. I don't think I have ever gone to a great buffet in Dublin, think over all they are fairly poor. Jimmy Chungs is ok, staff are very nice and helpful, but when it comes to Chinese food I am fairly picky as I have had so many good chinese meals over the years from the wife and have been to good buffets outside of Dublin and Ireland.

uch Registered User

Was in the one in Edinburgh, pure muck, don't know if Dublin is the same but I wouldn't recommend it.

there is a mongolian resturant in temple bar does a lunch time buffet for under a tenner and i've heard its nice but i have no idea what sort of food mongolians eat

jill_valentine Registered User

+1 for Full House. Om Nom Nom.

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!