charlie_says Registered User

Damnit. I used to be on every weekday from anywhere between 17:10ish to 17:35ish

I think it was on season 19 not sure of the episode.

I looked forward to watching this everyday and it has been taken over by The Afternoon Show!!!!

ARRRGH!!!!!!

elshambo Registered User

The ITV company that make it have changed it to an after the watershed show, new content would not be suitable for 17:10 timeslot, not good enough show for primetime slot on RTE

anotherlostie Registered User

elshambo said:
The ITV company that make it have changed it to an after the watershed show, new content would not be suitable for 17:10 timeslot, not good enough show for primetime slot on RTE

The post watershed thing has only happened in the last month, and RTE are years behind so that cannot be the reason. I thought stations bought cheap imports rather than making their own programming when times were tough, but obviously not RTE! (Or else there will be double Murder She Wrote before the Sheana and Síle show starts).

krudler Registered User

woah woah woah....The Bill is still on tv?!

2 people have thanked this post

You're nicked!!!

6 people have thanked this post
jojo2 Registered User

was just wondering where it went, was hoping it was coming back! will not be tuning into those afternoon show eejits anyway!

Hardrain Registered User

Always got home just in time for The Bill Gutted.

So was I! I always watched it while making my dinner. Damn RTE

Leaderbored Registered User

My mum rang Rte and complained. No afternoon show fan she.

She is a fan of bobbies and guv'nors and seeing wrong'uns getting nicked while having her tea.

Apparently she's not the only one, and she got a call back this afternoon from some bod in the programming dept to say that it's being rescheduled and wont be off the screens for long.

2 people have thanked this post

krudler said:
woah woah woah....The Bill is still on tv?!

Of course it is - it's the graveyard where all soapstars go to die.

1 person has thanked this post
Ed_ Registered User

I never liked how it was hour long episodes shown over two days.

1 person has thanked this post
BaZmO* Registered User

Do people still watch The Bill?

See they're bringing out a computer game?

3 people have thanked this post
suimhneas Registered User

stupid bloody rte they can show us bloody jessica fletcher for years on end and think its good enough.

I loved the bill need my smith fix. That afternoon show is a disgrace, watched bis of it last night since THE BILL was't on. Its so brain numbing, stupid swine flu experiment that didnt work, stupid anti persperant (sp)experiment that was "cringe" to watch, and sweet jasus the presenter were wooful, bad an all is shilea is and believe me not a fan of the female version of podge but sweet mother of god the other one should never be on a tv screen.

Elmo Registered User

The Bill should be axed it is ****. I don't understand the obsession on boards with this show. It is 20 years old, ITV would do well to axe it and come up with some thing new.

You can watch new The Bill on UTV on Thursday Nights at 9pm.

I am surprised they didn't move back The Afternoon show!

Elmo Registered User

suimhneas said:
stupid bloody rte they can show us bloody jessica fletcher for years on end and think its good enough.

Poor Jessica Fletcher, but you are right I think the Bill is better. But not by much.

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!