galwayrush Registered User

LFC Murphy said:
Just giving this thread a bump to keep focus on it. I check it daily and get very disheartened when it gets left in the shadows

Forget about for many years to come, we haven't even got to a 'save the rare very common bog cotton or other such 'issues' stage yet.

antoobrien Registered User

galwayrush said:
Forget about for many years to come, we haven't even got to a 'save the rare very common bog cotton or other such 'issues' stage yet.

Wrong thread - that's the GCOB.

AFAIK they've rehoused the bats that were the major possible ecological issue with this scheme, so funding appears to be the only issue here (latest update discussed a few weeks back).

LFC Murphy said:
Just giving this thread a bump to keep focus on it. I check it daily and get very disheartened when it gets left in the shadows

If you want to keep tabs on this project (apart from the national papers) keep an eye on www.galwaynews.ie & http://www.tuamherald.ie/

1 person has thanked this post
L1011 Moderator

galwayrush said:

Far too late for those people to get in - this scheme has planning permission.

2 people have thanked this post
moto111 Registered User

Bit surprised how nobody has commented on Roadbridge,sisk,and AIB been awarded this new tender 2 weeks ago , might start next summer according to rumors, kick-off date for sure is 2013.

muchos04 Registered User

That's good news......might be a move on this soon so

Sponge Bob Banned

I hadn't heard at all is why, any chance of a Linky Poo proving the contract award/start date ??

2 people have thanked this post
gally74 Registered User

Super

muchos04 Registered User

What site can this tender be viewed on?

ilovegermany Registered User

moto111 said:
Bit surprised how nobody has commented on Roadbridge,sisk,and AIB been awarded this new tender 2 weeks ago , might start next summer according to rumors, kick-off date for sure is 2013.

Are we sure about this? Or is this another "Newlands Cross is starting in September"............??

ki Registered User

moto111 said:

LINK?

moto111 said:

Never heard about this. If true its great news.

Edit: I cant find it anywhere online. So it would be good to give a source for this.

Sponge Bob Banned

I suppose BAM will be kicked off Newlands Cross next ??

jenningso Registered User

Need a verified source for this please. No point in raising our expectations with a baseless rumour! Would be savage news if it's true........

1 person has thanked this post

Someone fire off an email to Anna Marie please. She spurns my advances these days

antoobrien Registered User

moto111 said:

I'd be very surprised if this was true that none of the Galway papers have had it. It would be front page news (and make a bit of a stink at the national level too that the money isn't being spent on MN/DU).

Sponge Bob said:
I suppose BAM will be kicked off Newlands Cross next ??

If they can't raise the funds to do it they should be kicked off both NX and this project, poste haste.

The tender for this was announced in September of last year, so it raises a question on the time allowed by tenders to take up a contract.

Does anybody know if there's a limit on how long between the granting of a preferred tender and when a contract has to be signed?

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!