Daysha Registered User
#1

I'm organising a 21st birthday party in the next few weeks and I was wondering where in town would be the best place to book something like this? I was at something similar on the top floor of the Kasbar and it worked really well, but on their website they said it only really caters for 60+ people up there, and I'm looking for something a bit smaller than that. The middle floor of the Kasbar would be a possibility though.

Any other recommendations?

lynnemc Registered User
#2

upstairs in the wacky apple
the mansion house
upstairs in the lantern
Roanmore center
The wander in
Just throwing a few different ideas for you out there

#3

Why not try the middle floor of the kazbar...

#4

lynnemc said:
upstairs in the wacky apple
the mansion house
upstairs in the lantern
Roanmore center
The wander in
Just throwing a few different ideas for you out there


I would avoid the mansion house.....the dj they have there is **** unless you book your own!!

lynnemc Registered User
#5

yeah your right the dj in the mansion is a bit naff alright. and he is kind of hidden away from the party so you can't get onto him about the crap he is playing !

#6

Out of curiousity...what would you prefer the DJ to play? He's djing to a crowd of mostly 40-60 year olds...

1 person has thanked this post
#7

abouttobebanned said:
Out of curiousity...what would you prefer the DJ to play? He's djing to a crowd of mostly 40-60 year olds...



There's dj's and then there's the tool in the mansion!! He puts on the latest "now" cd and leaves it play

Any good dj can accomadate any kind of crowd! You can play current stuff for the younger crowd and then mix in abit of older stuff but still good music for the older crowd but it still keeps the younger crowd happy!

#8

lynnemc said:
yeah your right the dj in the mansion is a bit naff alright. and he is kind of hidden away from the party so you can't get onto him about the crap he is playing !



Of course he is................he does have to socialise with the crowd in the front bar as well you know!!!

Musicman2000 Registered User
#9

Its not as easy as it looks when you have a mixed crowd, Ok agree when he is at the bar drinking when he is getting paid to be djn, I was playing in a club in Stafford over in England last night, Was playing to a mixed crowd , was playing a few 90's tunes, normally go down well with a mixed crowd, I think Snap Rhythm Is A Dancer was playing and an 18 year old girl comes up to me and asks me to play something normal I asked her what’s normal, She said Happy Hardcore, I just laughed and turned away as the saying goes you cant keep everyone happy

#10

Musicman2000 said:
Its not as easy as it looks when you have a mixed crowd, Ok agree when he is at the bar drinking when he is getting paid to be djn, I was playing in a club in Stafford over in England last night, Was playing to a mixed crowd , was playing a few 90's tunes, normally go down well with a mixed crowd, I think Snap Rhythm Is A Dancer was playing and an 18 year old girl comes up to me and asks me to play something normal I asked her what’s normal, She said Happy Hardcore, I just laughed and turned away as the saying goes you cant keep everyone happy


Think she was in the wrong club mate if she dont know rythm is a dancer!! Seriously she must be listening to some wacky stuff if shes into that crap

#11

whos who said:
I would avoid the mansion house.....the dj they have there is **** unless you book your own!!

Lol I know him. Never heard him DJ though. Thats funny. Isnt he down there years?

#12

seanybiker said:
Lol I know him. Never heard him DJ though. Thats funny. Isnt he down there years?



Ye I know him too unfortunately. Ye his down there years, it just amazes me how he has gotting away with it for so long! I mean he puts on a cd and leaves it play out, he dont mix in songs or anything!

I asked him one night does he have any red hot chilli peppers and he said its not kervicks fruit and veg I was in! What a muppet!

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!