• Cork by more then 5 points (16.67%)
  • Cork by less then 5 points (38.38%)
  • Draw (3.03%)
sneem-man Registered User

Our talking was done on the field...

Grudaire Registered User

sneem-man said:
Our talking was done on the field...

Ya coulda at least looked happy afterwards - I've never seen so many of the All Ireland winning fans abandon Croke Park before their team is finished getting presented.

Heck everyone hates ya because you're too fudgecaking good

Sunday game team of the year.
Diarmuid Murphy Dingle, Karl Lacey Four Masters, M Shields St Finbars, , Tom O Sullivan Rathmore , Tomas O Sea An Ghaeltacht, Graham Canty Bantry Blues, John Miskella Ballincollig, Dermot Earley Sarsfields, Seamus Scanlon Currow, Paul Galvin Finuge, Pearse O Neill Aghada, Paddy Kelly Ballincollig, Sean O Neill Clann Na nGael, Declan O Sullivan Dromid Pearses, Micheal Murphy Glenswilly

milehip1 Registered User

Congrats Kerry, hard luck Cork.
Who got man of the match on the sunday game?

Tom O Sullivan and well deserved!

1 person has thanked this post

A disappointing day once again for Cork football. Kerry tested out the ref early on and when Duffy wasn't punishing them they played on the edge and duly got away with some cynical fouls but at the end of the day Cork have only themselves to blame. Cork had too many wides and changes weren't made quick enough by the selectors.

aDeener Registered User

not that long home and i am absolutely sickened i really think we kicked that game away, yes the kerry defence was superb but there was still many scoreable chances missed. kerry were very clinical in front of the posts and i certainly do not begrudge them their 36th all- ireland, what a county. i am truly envious.

i did think duffy was atrocious however - kennelly (had a great match and am really happy for him, why couldnt that dickhead morrissey just leave him be in the after-match interview) and tomas o'se should have walked, and o'sullivans two bounces before a superb point.
those decisions probably wouldnt have affected the result too much as our forwards were too wayward in their shooting.

tom o'sullivan, what can you say, a really neat footballer, very slick on the ball - best corner back i have ever seen. definitely worthy of the man of the match. cannot believe he is 30, theres a man who minds his body, a fantastic example to any young footballer

as for cork, the only positives we can take is that we are a relatively young side (the kerry age profile is quite old, a good few over 30) with a lot of underage talent coming through the ranks. Colm O'Neill has the makings of a true great as does ciarán sheehan if he doesnt head down under. we will win an all-ireland within the next 3 years that i have no doubt. but sam is kerrys for the next 12 months and congratulations them, enjoy the celebrations.

corcaigh abú

lukin Registered User

aDeener said:

as for cork, the only positives we can take is that we are a relatively young side (the kerry age profile is quite old, a good few over 30)

corcaigh abú

We actually have quite a few around 30 ourselves (Quirke is 32, Miskella is 31, Lynch is 32, Canty is 30). We have nobody coming up to replace them.
Most of Kerry's forwards are young (Cooper, Donaghy, Darren Sullivan, Tommy Walsh).
I fear we will have a long wait to see Sam back on Leeside.

Orizio Registered User

lukin said:
We actually have quite a few around 30 ourselves (Quirke is 32, Miskella is 31, Lynch is 32, Canty is 30). We have nobody coming up to replace them.
Most of Kerry's forwards are young (Cooper, Donaghy, Darren Sullivan, Tommy Walsh).

We have three All-ireland winning Under-21 teams to replace them with.

lukin Registered User

Orizio said:

We have three All-ireland winning Under-21 teams to replace them with.

Two:2007 and 2009. Kerry won it in 2008 but a lot of their players today never won an U-21 AI.

aDeener Registered User

lukin said:

did not realise miskella was that age (quirke being the keeper i wouldnt mind too much, keepers can play until 36/37 no problem.) that said though next year all 3 o'se's will be in their 30's, tom o'sullivan, griffin, mike mccarthy, scanlon perhaps, im not too sure. kennelly possibly back in australia, i wouldnt be that pessimistic lukin, keep the faith

so it looks like our problems for the future will lie in defence rather than in attack, polar opposite of the present! eoin cadogan to me appears to be an ideal replacement for lynch when he does call it a day. but will he stick to the big ball? what i would give to have had a 28 year old colin corkery on the pitch today

teednab-el Registered User

Same old failings by this Cork team. In 19 years we have lost 4 AI's and won none. They are a pity at this stage. As a Corkman I was too young to remember the last time we won sam (1990) I was 4 and dont remember it unfortuntely. I am now worried that I wont live to see the day that Cork will win the AI. It makes me sick at the moment talking about it but when you are not good enough on AI final day, then you dont deserve to win title. Kerry have proven time and time again that they know what it takes to win an All Ireland. I thought this year would be Corks year but no again. This Cork team are now finished. They wont return from this.

chavezychavez Registered User

aDeener said:
kennelly (had a great match and am really happy for him, why couldnt that dickhead morrissey just leave him be in the after-match interview)

Glad to see that someone else in the country has the same opinion as myself. Morrissey is almost like he's looking for a job in the Sunday World the way he's going on over the last few weeks.

Great job by Kerry today, I couldn't be happier if I tried, but I'll say one thing about Cork, it's very close to the day that they're celebrating like we are today. Taking all of GAA football as it stands, and after the lessons they've learned today, its a very little amount of time before their captain stands up receiving Sam. They've played in one of the most honest All-Irelands in a long time and their time will come.

For today I'll celebrate, because I know, they'll get their revenge eventually (more then likely against us), and bring it on, the GAA needs some decent fair rivalry between honest teams.

Comiserations to Cork, but don't drop the head, don't forget Kerry went through 11 years of misery before the wheel turned.

Carcharodon Registered User

MisterAnarchy said:
Whats funny is you thinking that this Kerry team is anywhere near the greatest football team of all time.
The standard of gaelic football over the last ten years has been very poor in general.

They can only beat whats in front of them, I agree standard of football is poor but that cannot be held against Kerry and their achievements. The record books don't lie and prove this has been a great era for this Kerry team and their domination on the game.

Cork were not good enough plain and simple, a major part of the game is taking your scores and Cork didn't have the quality.

Carcharodon Registered User

soccymonster said:
LOL! Greatest team of all time, no. Did cork throw it away, imo, yes.

Never said they were the greatest, it is unfair to compare them to past teams on their ability but we can make a fair comment on what they have achieved and say it has been great.

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!