#2,596

ED E said:
Best data counter widget? Want something simple and light as I dont have much memory overhead.

TIA

I use one called um..well..Data counter widget
I really liked it, it was simple and you could make it only show what you want to know

PucaMama Registered User
#2,597

didnt want to start a new thread just for this

what does rooted mean? ive seen some apps say you have to be rooted to use them? im new to android so i havnt heard of this before

ED E Registered User
#2,598

PucaMama said:
didnt want to start a new thread just for this

what does rooted mean? ive seen some apps say you have to be rooted to use them? im new to android so i havnt heard of this before

It means you have "Root", the Linux equivalent of "Administrator" on windows. Most manufacturers sell phones without root as average users are less likely to break their own phone with limited permissions.

The advantage of having it is that you can edit system critical things, and use amazing tools like Titanium Backup(<- get it if you root).

Some phones can be rooted with programs like SuperOneClick, the rest need to be flashed with a rew ROM(copy of Android from the mod community).

omg a kitty said:
I use one called um..well..Data counter widget
I really liked it, it was simple and you could make it only show what you want to know

Derp, cheers.

PucaMama Registered User
#2,599

ED E said:
It means you have "Root", the Linux equivalent of "Administrator" on windows. Most manufacturers sell phones without root as average users are less likely to break their own phone with limited permissions.

The advantage of having it is that you can edit system critical things, and use amazing tools like Titanium Backup(<- get it if you root).

Some phones can be rooted with programs like SuperOneClick, the rest need to be flashed with a rew ROM(copy of Android from the mod community)

thanks, dont think my little sony live has that

#2,600

Don't download Drawsomething unless you want to waste half your life. Great game though

1 person has thanked this post
dulpit Registered User
#2,601

Paparazzo said:
Don't download Drawsomething unless you want to waste half your life. Great game though

Agreed.

budgemook Registered User
#2,602

I see you have to pay for Drawsomething..

Is it like online Pictionary or something? Can you play against friends?

EDIT: found free version, will check it out

jaqian Registered User
#2,603

ED E said:
Best data counter widget? Want something simple and light as I dont have much memory overhead.

TIA

Im in the same boat with memory. I use 3G Watchdog which weighs in at 0.90Mb and find it great, try both see which you prefer :-)

2 people have thanked this post
ED E Registered User
#2,604

jaqian said:
Im in the same boat with memory. I use 3G Watchdog which weighs in at 0.90Mb and find it great, try both see which you prefer :-)

Nice, will do

DaCor Registered User
#2,605

+1 for 3g watchdog

#2,606

budgemook said:
I see you have to pay for Drawsomething..

Is it like online Pictionary or something? Can you play against friends?

EDIT: found free version, will check it out

paid version is ad free and gives you 400 coins. means you can get a few more colours. only 75 cent

SuprSi Registered User
#2,607

What are the best SMS apps out there? I've tried both Handcent & Go SMS Pro and while they're both highly customisable, neither allow you to change how many message appear on the first screen and IMO it looks crap. I know I can change the font and have played around with that but had no luck. I could be doing something wrong but I'd love to be able to fit 10 - 12 message on the screen when I open the app, rather than 6 -7.

#2,608

They look brutal alright. I went back to the stock SE messaging. Miss the popup though.

madmoe Registered User
#2,609

SuprSi said:
What are the best SMS apps out there? I've tried both Handcent & Go SMS Pro and while they're both highly customisable, neither allow you to change how many message appear on the first screen and IMO it looks crap. I know I can change the font and have played around with that but had no luck. I could be doing something wrong but I'd love to be able to fit 10 - 12 message on the screen when I open the app, rather than 6 -7.

Chomp was good back in the day when I had a Nexus One.....but not used it in ages....

SuprSi Registered User
#2,610

madmoe said:
Chomp was good back in the day when I had a Nexus One.....but not used it in ages....

I just tried that one a few minutes ago and it was the same - the conversations in the conversation window are just too big and you can only see 8 (I think) in total. They could be much more efficient with this space.

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!