Wurly Registered User

dee. said:
Has anyone tried the Linda McCartney tuscan chicken style fillets?

I have and I really didn't like them. They taste like dog food.

1 person has thanked this post
Tar.Aldarion /flails limbs

dee. said:
The quorn BBQ fillets and Linda McCartney sausages are so nice, glad I bought them. Has anyone tried the Linda McCartney tuscan chicken style fillets?

Tar.Aldarion said:
Had the chicken, quite liked it. Nice little vegetable tomato sauce on top

I must like dog food.

2 people have thanked this post
Slaphead07 Registered User

Tar.Aldarion said:
Had the chicken, quite liked it. Nice little vegetable tomato sauce on top

Yeah I like them too. Heavy on the olives but then I like olives.

Slaphead07 Registered User

Wurly said:
I have and I really didn't like them. They taste like dog food.

I haven't tried dog food so can't comment but I thought they were very nice

joezie Registered User

Fry's Soya (available at The Health Shop and others) is really excellent quality! and delicious! Been having them for years now, think they really outdo the competition.

--LOS-- =^.^=

joezie said:
Fry's Soya (available at The Health Shop and others) is really excellent quality! and delicious! Been having them for years now, think they really outdo the competition.

and are they on offer?!

Wurly Registered User

Myself and the OH made a trip to Newry yesterday to stock up on veggie stuff. Our freezer is kinda overflowing now. Anyways - it's well worth a visit. Not necessarily cheaper up there but the choice is unbelievable.

Went to Sainsbury's first and got:
Linda McCartney cheese and onion pastry plaits
Quorn pasties
Quorn pepperoni slices (these were so nice that my beloved ate the entire pack in the car on the way home. What a sight! - hahaahah)
Quorn turkey and stuffing slices
Sainsbury's own brand hot dogs, chicken burgers, sausages (these were very cheap). And from the sainsbury's 'taste the difference' range, I got butternut squash bakes and goats cheese in some tomato crumb thing.
Cauldron aduki bean bakes.

Off to Tesco's in Banbridge where we picked up:
Linda Mccartney prawns. (I was not a fan of these. Taste far too fishy for me but great for people that miss seafood).
Quorn ocean pie - AMAZING
Tesco hot dogs - also fabulous.
Mushroom burgers
Cheese and leek sausages (sometimes you can get these in the ROI)
Barley and chickpea gumbo

Get yourselves up north folks. The selection is crap down here compared to up there.

4 people have thanked this post
schemingbohemia Registered User

I just picked up some stuff in Sainsbury Sprucefield last weekend after the non-event of the cricket. Delighted to hear the Pepperoni is good, got similar stuff to you, but also the Linda McCartney Rosemary sausages which i haven't seen down here.

Next time I'm bringing a big freezer bag with me!

--LOS-- =^.^=

the quorn shepherds pies are 2 for a fiver in tesco, they're actually really nice and and quite low in calories too.

Stompbox Registered User

Decided to swing by Sainsbury's Sprucefield after visiting the Titanic exhibit and I was astonished by the bounty of veggie fodder available; it really puts us to shame down here.

Among the haul were:

-Cauldron Moroccan Kiev
-Quorn Mexican Chilli
-Sainsbury's Mushroom and Spinach Bakes
-Sainsbury's Nut Cutlets
-Quorn Cottage Pie
-Quorn Pepperoni Slices
-Quorn Light Pieces
-Quorn Smoked Lime & CHilli Burgers
-Sainsbury's Sweetflamed Pepper and Goat's Cheese Bake

Thus far, I've only tried the pepperoni slices and I was pleasantly surprised; they really capture the 'kick'!

gracielooks Registered User

Steven81 said:
Had the Linda Italian sausages when i was in England last september, absolutely fab so they were so was delighted to see them here. I dont know if they will be permanent but much nicer thn others.

What are the other products like, leek and asparagus looks good on the box anyway

I'll have to try the Italian ones so. I can't believe how bad the original ones are, absolute shocker. My cat ate them though! The only thing I miss about eating meat is eating sausages, I find all the veggies ones so so dry. Anyone find one that is moist or tips for keeping them moist while cooking? I saw a recipe in Simon Rimmer's book for sausages and he used lancashire cheese, has anyone seen that on sale in Dublin? Thanks

darconio Registered User

gracielooks said:
I'll have to try the Italian ones so. I can't believe how bad the original ones are, absolute shocker. My cat ate them though! The only thing I miss about eating meat is eating sausages, I find all the veggies ones so so dry. Anyone find one that is moist or tips for keeping them moist while cooking? I saw a recipe in Simon Rimmer's book for sausages and he used lancashire cheese, has anyone seen that on sale in Dublin? Thanks

Have you ever tried Redwood sausages? Many health shop stock them (the HopSack for example ) and they are absolutely delicious!
The also have Tivall frankfurters but they are a bit pricey

gracielooks Registered User

@darconio No I haven't, but I will thanks, I looked at that link and the Lincolnshire style ones actually look good. I live near the Hopsack too so happy days, thanks again.

darconio Registered User

Several Quorn and Linda McCarthy products are now reduced to less than half price in tesco Jervis.

fillefatale Registered User

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!