DonnieScribbles Registered User

Here is the re-heated tofu and cauliflower curry I made the other day. A night in the fridge made it taste better!

Apple and Elderflower wine sounds nice! My parents made plum wine once, though I think I was too young at the time to taste it

Attachments
curry.jpg
Moonbaby Registered User

khrystyna100 said:
me n my boyfriend had a whole loaf of rye sourdough with hazelnuts topped with my homemade bread and butter pickles and courgette and tomato chutney. Was to lazy to make a proper dinner n felt really ill after all the bread!

Droolllllllzzzz...........Hurry up picnic!!!

I was sick yesterday...so a bottle of flat 7up and some rice cakes was it.
Back to the Halloumi and asparagus salad today.

1 person has thanked this post
Sapsorrow Registered User

Moonbaby said:
Droolllllllzzzz...........Hurry up picnic!!!

I was sick yesterday...so a bottle of flat 7up and some rice cakes was it.
Back to the Halloumi and asparagus salad today.

Jesus you poor thing! You better today?

1 person has thanked this post
Moonbaby Registered User

khrystyna100 said:
Jesus you poor thing! You better today?

Yep Flat 7up is magic stuff altogether.

So about these bread and butter pickles. There are more yeah?

Having friends out for dinner tonight so on the menu is:

Chickpea, sweetpotato and carrot madras with basmati rice
nann breads
Lime pickle
Homemade sweet cucumber pickle
Homemade tomato and courgette chutney
Raiti with homegrown cucumbers, fresh mint and corriander and vegan yoghurt
Leafy green salad from my garden
And of course lots of my new apple n elderflower homebrew (again...)

Moonbaby said:

So about these bread and butter pickles. There are more yeah?

Lol ya lots don't ye be worryin bout that! They're amazin on veggie burgers had that last night for dinner (de linda mcCartny ones are amazing!)

I'm bringing this thread back, because it's cool... and also because I made a really good curry today, one of my best ever I think and I'm pleased with myself

Cauliflower, potato, cabbage, red pepper in coconut milk, red thai curry paste, garlic and an assortment of spices! It was lovely...

2 people have thanked this post
Jim Social Welfare Warrior

While not a vegetarian myself I'm slowly adapting my cooking to eventually cut out meat.

Last night I made a delicious Lential Tikka Masalla. nyomnyomnyom.

Moonbaby Registered User

Yehay! I like this thread.
I'm being given a new camera thingy this week. So I shall contribute properly then.

Tonight I had Mixed veg satay with beancurd, on noodles. From my local chinese.
Yes the back end of beyond now has a chinese!!!

Northsider09 Registered User

Oh I'm drooling reading all these lovely dinner ideas

I'm definitely going to try the lentil lasagne this weekend - any heads up on the best "cheese" sauce to top it off with???

Tonight I was a total lazy cow and had a Blazing Salad's "Carribean Stew" accompanied by one of their fab Lentil Burgers, yummy yummy

And then I had some jaffa cakes (the Jacobs ones) which I recently found out on this site are veggie (and no dairy which is so important to me as I'm dairy intolerant)

Jim said:

Last night I made a delicious Lential Tikka Masalla. nyomnyomnyom.

Sounds interesting, how did you make it? I put lentils in my curries but they generally just add to the consistency or disintegrate altogether...

Tar.Aldarion /flails limbs

mushrooms peas carrots veggie mince and chips.

Jim Social Welfare Warrior

DonnieScribbles said:
Sounds interesting, how did you make it? I put lentils in my curries but they generally just add to the consistency or disintegrate altogether...

I've tried making my own sauce a couple of times but it ended up being a complete disaster. I got the sauce at Tesco I think and its completly free of all meat/dairy/allergens (can't remember the name of it off hand). I usually just fry garlic, onions and mix veg and then add in loads of green lentils (maybe you used red lentils? iirc they tend to just pureé into a paste) and then add the sauce. Then add random spices etc. Simple enough.

It was probably the Meridian Free From sauce that you were using, think I tried it once. Meridian stuff is usually good.
Yeah, I always use red lentils because they cook quicker and I'm impatient! They are quite good for bulking out the sauce though, especially if I've put in too much coconut milk or tomatoes... I might try green or brown lentils next time though for a more obviously lentil-y curry!

Puy lentils are gorgeous in curry. Lovely texture and they taste YUM. I want some now...

I had quinoa and black beans for dinner last night. One of my favourites. I can't stop stealing spoonfuls of it while it's cooking...

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!