Get out you buffoon!

Steve X2 Moderator
#7,502

Why play, just watch

https://phoboslab.org/wipeout/

1 person has thanked this post
brianregan09 Registered User
#7,503

Been playing the Omega Collection in VR it's probably one of the best VR games yet

DaveyDave Registered User
#7,504

Played through House of the Dead 2 earlier. Wish it was a bit longer

CiDeRmAn Category Moderator
#7,505

DaveyDave said:
Played through House of the Dead 2 earlier. Wish it was a bit longer

Did you get any secrets or branching paths?

A lot like much of Sega's output, such as Outrun 2, it's about replaying rather than lashing through and seeing all it has to offer.

I recall some numpty thinking one of there games was poor because a player could have seen everything in a couple of hours, completely forgetting the nature of the game.
It's like suggesting that Galaga or Robotron are boring.

#7,506

CiDeRmAn said:
Did you get any secrets or branching paths?

A lot like much of Sega's output, such as Outrun 2, it's about replaying rather than lashing through and seeing all it has to offer.

I recall some numpty thinking one of there games was poor because a player could have seen everything in a couple of hours, completely forgetting the nature of the game.
It's like suggesting that Galaga or Robotron are boring.

I took few different paths than usual, but I'll look into the secrets. I know of one secret room on the last level but didn't remember how to get it . Ah sure I've for original mode, training and boss mode to do also

accensi0n Registered User
#7,507

Been playing Joe & Mac on the NES. It's not a great game but got far enough after a few attempts so kept playing until I finished it. There are 6 weapons but only 2 of them are really useful (stone wheel and fireball), so much so that if none of the enemy kills in the first 2 levels result in one of those two weapons I would just restart the game... did manage to kill the final boss with the default weapon though.

Here's a capture of my playthrough:

Retr0gamer Category Moderator
#7,508

Not retro as it's only just out but La mulana 2 is insanely good. The puzzles are much fairer than in the original but still manages to be a great homage to the MSX games it's based on.

o1s1n Registered User
#7,509

What do you do when your BVM won't support NTSC 60HZ over composite?

Dig out a 9 inch PVM and play your famicom on that instead

They actually look really cool together, size difference is amazing.

3 people have thanked this post
accensi0n Registered User
#7,510

Played through Battletoads again. Was hoping to finish it with no continues and max points but no luck, last level didn't go well at all.

KevW24601 Registered User
#7,511

Been playing through The Lion King (Mega Drive). I'm making a point of passing that Level 2. Slowly but surely getting there.

#7,512

KevW24601 said:
Been playing through The Lion King (Mega Drive). I'm making a point of passing that Level 2. Slowly but surely getting there.

I don't think I've been past level 2, it's very difficult!

KevW24601 Registered User
#7,513

DaveyDave said:
I don't think I've been past level 2, it's very difficult!

Probably the biggest difficulty spike in any game out there, considering that level 1 is practically a cakewalk!

Retr0gamer Category Moderator
#7,514

I see a lot of people in the last few months say Lion King on the megadrive is a very tough game. I remember it as an absolute cakewalk. It's not that difficult at all except for the awful final boss fight.

CiDeRmAn Category Moderator
#7,515

Spent the evening road testing the various versions of Outrun 2/2006 I have.
The PSP version is remarkable, though choppy at times.
The 360 native version looks and moves the best but is very limited in content.
The Xbox Outrun 2 is stunning, runs well natively but the frame rate bucks about on the 360 via backwards compatibility making it a waste of time.
The PS2 version of 2006, via HDMI, is stunning though not as sharp as the native 360 title. Where it does score better is the amount of content, which is all of Outrun 2 and 2006. Only thing it falls down on is the likes of the unlockable Scud Race tracks from Outrun 2 on the Xbox, which is the only place to find them.

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!