CiDeRmAn Category Moderator
#7,246

M!Ck^ said:
Fail on so many levels


Tell us more!

CiDeRmAn Category Moderator
#7,247

Hard to believe then that we had a Sega forum once upon a time, and as the brand lost momentum so it was matched with the moderator there sliding into despondency and, eventually, madness....

like madness


not Madness

Retr0gamer Category Moderator
#7,248

Quite literally the dumbest **** ever until Kojima topped it with the 'Will you marry me' scene in MGS4



I never thought any game would beat chu chu being crucified in Xenogears for in terms of dumb.

1 person has thanked this post
Cake of Tremendous Power Registered User
#7,249

That was excellent

1 person has thanked this post
maddymcmaddser Registered User
#7,250

Retr0gamer said:
It's not a total trainwreck. It is however a vastly inferior experience to the original. The original is a much better game.

The game adds FPS aiming which the game wasn't designed for which really breaks the game and makes it super easy.
It looks nicer but is badly coded so suffers from terrible framerate issues.
Konami cheaped out on the actors as well and it was only David Hayter that managed to get everyone on board again after discussion. So you have a lot of the actors being pissed off how they were treated and phoning in their performance.
And then you have the cutscenes which have been made absolutely ludicrous. They are pants on head stupid. Of course you might like seeing Solid Snake back flip on to a missile then jump off it and fire a stinger missile at a Hind D while upside down but I rather when there was at least some suspension of disbelief.


The stupid cutscenes has me more interested now! I'll keep my expectations low and if I hate it I can just replay the original and put Twin Snakes away, it could be worth a few quid in the future!

M!Ck^ Registered User
#7,251

maddymcmaddser said:
The stupid cutscenes has me more interested now! I'll keep my expectations low and if I hate it I can just replay the original and put Twin Snakes away, it could be worth a few quid in the future!


Honestly, it's one of the best remasters ever made. Don't mind that!
You would swear that the original MGS had nothing action movie orientated / fantastical about it the way he / she is going on

1 person has thanked this post
o1s1n Registered User
#7,252

Retr0gamer said:
Quite literally the dumbest **** ever until Kojima topped it with the 'Will you marry me' scene in MGS4



I never thought any game would beat chu chu being crucified in Xenogears for in terms of dumb.


Dear god! It's Metal Gear Solid meets Last Action Hero. But not in a good way

1 person has thanked this post
The Last Bandit Registered User
#7,253

Playing with my Spectrum Vega+ earlier and now going to give the Coleco Chameleon a go for a few hours...

Retr0gamer Category Moderator
#7,254

o1s1n said:
Dear god! It's Metal Gear Solid meets Last Action Hero. But not in a good way


Watching the cutscenes is like being bukakked with stupid.

They were directed by the guy that directed versus, ryuhei kitamura. Heard good things about the film so thought it would be a good fit. Saw the film much later and it was garbage.

maddymcmaddser Registered User
#7,255

Retr0gamer said:
Watching the cutscenes is like being bukakked with stupid.

They were directed by the guy that directed versus, ryuhei kitamura. Heard good things about the film so thought it would be a good fit. Saw the film much later and it was garbage.


I never actually watched that Versus movie, I remember seeing the dvd in Xtra Vision and wondering if it was any good, I just watched the trailer and it looks dreadful!

I'll still play through Twin Snakes at some point!

dodzy Registered User
#7,256

Rygar is breaking my bloody heart. Just cannot clear it in one sweep. Definitely feel it's a faster game than what used to be in the arcades (my excuse anyway ).

1 person has thanked this post

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!