Burzum Registered User
#6,886

Going to start playing Final Fantasy Legend 3 via the snes gameboy player.

Josey Wales Registered User
#6,887

Not entirely sure if it is considered retro just yet but I've been playing through Batman the Brave and the Bold on the Wii. I really like the animation and the presentation in general is very good. Gameplay is very simple but still fun in short bursts.

MrVestek Registered User
#6,888

Josey Wales said:
Not entirely sure if it is considered retro just yet but I've been playing through Batman the Brave and the Bold on the Wii. I really like the animation and the presentation in general is very good. Gameplay is very simple but still fun in short bursts.

Gerrup ourrih dah!

Retro me hole.

1 person has thanked this post
Retr0gamer Category Moderator
#6,889

Josey Wales said:

It's a great game by wayforward and sadly over looked.

#6,890

More Super Mario Bros. Got to 7-4 this time with one life left. Died trying to figure out the maze in the castle.

Really getting annoyed at RNJesus screwing me over with Cheep Cheep spawns on the bridge stages.

M!Ck^ Registered User
#6,891

I couldn't hack that stress tbh^^

#6,892

People keep telling me it's easy! It isn't! I didn't grow up with a NES!

o1s1n Registered User
#6,893

Recently I realised that I'd never actually finished Alisia Dragoon, a game that was bought for me when I was 8.

I can remember getting to the final level as a kid but either dying there or dying on the boss.

Thought I'd fire it up and finish it off - not so straightforward apparently! I had mad muscle memory for 90% of the game, could pretty much do it with my eyes closed, but got massacred on the final level!

Quite surprised by that, going to give it another go this eve.

CiDeRmAn Category Moderator
#6,894

When I was 8 I played Pong...... damn I'm old....

o1s1n Registered User
#6,895

CiDeRmAn said:

Heh, I can remember playing my Aunt's Atari 2600 and thinking it looked archaic compared to my super modern Megadrive.

Funny how modern games put all that in perspective

geotrig Registered User
#6,896

CiDeRmAn said:

Im so old there was a ping before the pong !

*im not that old !

3 people have thanked this post
o1s1n Registered User
#6,897

That moment where you find Castlevania SOTN on BOTH of yours sister's Xbox Ones and neither of them have ever heard of it. 'oh that's just something I picked up for two euro'

Queue me demoing it to them for 30 minutes trying to convince them that it's the best game ever made and how they need to play through it Now. To little interest

3 people have thanked this post
CiDeRmAn Category Moderator
#6,898

o1s1n said:
That moment where you find Castlevania SOTN on BOTH of yours sister's Xbox Ones and neither of them have ever heard of it. 'oh that's just something I picked up for two euro'

Queue me demoing it to them for 30 minutes trying to convince them that it's the best game ever made and how they need to play through it Now. To little interest

At least they're not ignoring a physical copy, that would be hanging offence

J_E Registered User
#6,899

I've never actually played SOTN... and this is coming from a total Super Metroid buff! May try it tonight...

#6,900

J_E said:
I've never actually played SOTN... and this is coming from a total Super Metroid buff! May try it tonight...

Sweet merciful Jesus, get on that! It's arguably as good if not better! Don't forget the inverted castle!

2 people have thanked this post

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!